Where do i put 2.6v update in mem stick ?

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Im wanting to downgrade my mates Jpn white psp but we want to update it to 2.6 first. Got the 2.6 jpn version update off PSPhacks. But not sure where to put it on memory stick or how to update it ?

Any help ?

Cheers DGC808

in the UPDATE folder in GAME on root of m/s

if no update folder their, create on.

remember it must be in CAPS....UPDATE

Hi Highlander, Thanks for that mate, can i put a uk 2.6 update onto a white Jpn psp or do i need to use a JPN 2.6 version update ?

Cheers dgc808

Hi Highlander, Here is the situation my mate has a white Japanese psp with 2.5 version software on it. We want to downgrade it using downgrader final and gta lcs. but dont know if his psp has been upgraded to 2.5 or if its a factory 2.5 so we need to know if we need to update to 2.6v to downgrade or do we just go ahead and do it with the 2.5 version thats in place now ?

I have my psp downgraded to 1.5 but i used one of the very early downgraders. was thinking of updating mine then downgrade it to check it works ! Dont want to brick my mates psp.

If you can give me any advice on this subject me and my mate would be enternally grateful.

Cheers Dgc808

Last edited:
dgc808 said:
Hi Highlander, Here is the situation my mate has a white Japanese psp with 2.5 version software on it. We want to downgrade it using downgrader final and gta lcs. but dont know if his psp has been upgraded to 2.5 or if its a factory 2.5 so we need to know if we need to update to 2.6v to downgrade or do we just go ahead and do it with the 2.5 version thats in place now ?

I have my psp downgraded to 1.5 but i used one of the very early downgraders. was thinking of updating mine then downgrade it to check it works ! Dont want to brick my mates psp.

If you can give me any advice on this subject me and my mate would be enternally grateful.

Cheers Dgc808

Dont think it really matters, if it was upgraded or factory set. The same code should be in it.

Hi, Okay thanks mate i think we are just going to go for it

hi guys i`ve done 2 downgrades with the easy downgrader 2.50-2.60 ENFULL It`s so simply even i did it with out "THE HIGHLANDERS " ( some feat considering every i do with my psp i call on his help haha) 1 model i upgraded from 2.01 to 2.60 then downgraded the other was 2.50 factory and it was done the same but just ticked diff box but both equally as easy and both worked a treat just one thing let gta get to the LOADING SATGE AND LET IT LOAD the loading stops half way through and the rest is str8 forward good look guys

Back