When is 1st Class not 1st Class

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So, apparently 1st Class mail nowadays isn't next day......or so I'm told. It's actually 1-3 days.....despite the Royal Mail site stating 1 day (aim)

Now I do understand the concept of "guaranteed" next day against special delivery, but seriously if you paid extra for something (small jiffy bag size) so it wasn't "economy" but 1st Class, would you expect to get it 4 days later? So for example, you buy something Sunday, change it to be 1st Class and it be Thursday/Friday before it turned up.

Am i being unreasonable in my expectation?

Ah, 'Best Endeavours' creeps in.

I was amused to get a bag of crisps with a notice on that said 'only 90 calories' - that's 10 calories a crisp!

Or in simple terms, YES, you're being unreasonable so chill and have another beer (or socially acceptable drug of choice). If it doesn't work have another. Repeat until chilled :)

Ah, 'Best Endeavours' creeps in.

I was amused to get a bag of crisps with a notice on that said 'only 90 calories' - that's 10 calories a crisp!

Or in simple terms, YES, you're being unreasonable so chill and have another beer (or socially acceptable drug of choice). If it doesn't work have another. Repeat until chilled :)

Damn my impatience, or rather a need to wash clothes...

So i replied to Michael after a little bit of "I've been doing it for a long time. Trust me" banter.....given today I am yet to see anything.

Michael,

Naturally you are a busy man and couldn't find the time yesterday or earlier today to respond to my previous message, maybe the many years of experience you enjoy in sending out parcels has prevented you from doing so. Obviously this is something that can only be matched by my very own experience in combing my own hair for the last 20 years, in that by definition I am now a fully fledged hair dresser, although i didn't have to wait so long for my certificate. Unfortunately the last time I trusted my hairdresser it wasn't a pleasant experience, which is why i now enjoy a spot of DIY.

So today we are onto the debacle of 1st Class, 2nd Class or No Class post and for most as I would hope you can associate with is the constant nagging other half because she has to wash her Royal Mail uniform in the sink, for lack of carbon brushes being delivered on Tuesday......maybe I should have read your negative feedback before I purchased, but we live and learn.

Naturally this causes me great pain and anxiety and I think it only fair that I pass this same frustration and annoyance onto those that as a "family business" whom care for our custom are are here to service our needs. Do you own a washing machine Michael? I'm sure you do, can you imagine what it would feel like if your many wives and offspring were to nag you every day because they can't even do the most simplest of things. Maybe you do, but who knows.....

I reminisce of the days of peace, before a dismantled machine, before going to work in curry stained shirts, but alas it may not be as I have to return to work on Monday having waited a week for something I could have probably manufactured from some left over ash, sticky tape and a fairy liquid bottle.

Will these be here today Michael? Tomorrow, guaranteed?

I look forward to your witty yet experienced response.

Regards

Last edited:
Well if it's anything like around where I live (out in the sticks) they've decided to save all your mail up until they think you have a reasonable enough level and then deliver, this includes all the spam mail that I could start a nice bonfire with in a few weeks time

Michael replied

Hello Ian thanks for your reply to my previous Email.

Whilst I agree with you that we are very busy, your message seems to indicate that we do not have the time to look into your query which I can assure you is not the case.

As previously I advised I can wholeheartedly confirm that your order was dispatched from us, via the First Class postage method selected, on the morning of Monday 21st October. I'd estimate at some stage between 8am and 10am. Naturally once the item has left our premises it is then in the hands of the Royal Mail and clearly something has gone wrong somewhere between leaving our building and arriving at your address.

I have refunded your first class postage cost this morning as I can appreciate your frustration at not receiving the order within the first class timeframe.

Could you now please kindly confirm me your full delivery address and postcode so I can investigate this further?
If the order does turn up in the meantime we would appreciate it if you could let us know.

Best regards,
Michael

so did i:

Michael,

Thankyou for you mail.

I'm not sure there was a suggestion that it couldn't be looked into by yourselves, although an investigation may be needed; perhaps we can call it CarbonGate, it would be a lot like Watergate but without the American Presidency, public outcry and dodgy monitory pay offs, or for that matter snapshots of perpetrators stating "I am not a crook". Although it would be interesting if someone decides to turn it into a motion picture, perhaps you could play the lead role? or maybe direct?

Your first port of call in light of this new corporate investigation would be checking for staff members shredding documentary evidence, perhaps you have a small cupboard that is unknown to you in which this takes place, it may go right to the top Michael or as far as Royal Mail management, we may even have to check employee's garage's, you know how these people are see something shiny, wrapped in bubble wrap, they are away with it, storing things for a "rainy day". That said, i do like bubble wrap so maybe the postman is collecting it for a small party, lots of them getting together. You know what they say Michael, once you pop you just can't stop.

I pulled together a small ad for Ellesmere Port First, a new Spares2Go production, I hope you like it. I don't think it would cost much either.

Epic.jpg

I did consider drawing a small portrait of myself fitting brushes, but unfortunately it turned into a bit of a mess, there where stick men everywhere and I couldn't draw a washing machine to save my life.

In terms of them turning up, I've actually took the opportunity to spend my hard earned money again, and re-ordered them from elsewhere.

If they do ever turn up Michael, i will punch the air in glee; a lot like when your favorite team wins a football game or similar to the ending of the Breakfast Club where Judd Nelson ends the last scene with a fearsome air punch.

Wishing you well in your future political endeavors.

Ian
"Emotionally Distressed"

Last edited:
tbh I can understand your frustration but if I received emails as sarcastic as that I would just leave you waiting :)

tbh I can understand your frustration but if I received emails as sarcastic as that I would just leave you waiting :)

To be honest Wiz, i kind of got past the point of caring, plus I ordered them from elsewhere this morning.

I can appreciate something lost in the post, only had I checked his feedback I would have seen multiple "item not received entries"

To be honest Wiz, i kind of got past the point of caring, plus I ordered them from elsewhere this morning.

I can appreciate something lost in the post, only had I checked his feedback I would have seen multiple "item not received entries"

Ah I see, no where in your post did you mention ebay,I presumed you were sending these to some poor bloke in a royal mail call/customer centre lol

Ah I see, no where in your post did you mention ebay,I presumed you were sending these to some poor bloke in a royal mail call/customer centre lol

Ah yes, i did miss out a large portion of the discussion.....

Bought carbon brushes off ebay Sunday, paid for 1st Class (assuming I would get them Tuesday)

Michael did reply though to my last message. He said "Thanks", and refunded me £1.25.

I'm thinking i should write back explaining that whilst I appreciate the £1.25 as I can now buy a can of Dr. Pepper and half a mars bar, i in fact did pay £14.00

you often find out its not royal mails fault not defending them.....but anyone can say...yeah item popped into post must be their fault.....I have orderd things from flea bay and are usually with me in 2 days.....m8s...:eatarrow:

you often find out its not royal mails fault not defending them.....but anyone can say...yeah item popped into post must be their fault.....I have orderd things from flea bay and are usually with me in 2 days.....m8s...:eatarrow:

I did think this, it's too co-incidental that they have so many items go missing in the mail and feedback that says things like:

- didnt arive after one week said would re send one week later no luck ebay refund

- Con artists !!!!!!!

- waste time sale rubbish avoid.

- Still not recieved my item

- Didn't turn up as wasn't sent, managed to get refund after a week

- Item never recieved.

- Item never arrived, claimed refund via eBay as seller was not concerned.

Ah yes, i did miss out a large portion of the discussion.....

Bought carbon brushes off ebay Sunday, paid for 1st Class (assuming I would get them Tuesday)

Michael did reply though to my last message. He said "Thanks", and refunded me £1.25.

I'm thinking i should write back explaining that whilst I appreciate the £1.25 as I can now buy a can of Dr. Pepper and half a mars bar, i in fact did pay £14.00

I'd be careful if I was you,your posting style lately is very like @Him Her :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back