When did vix start supporting picon channel named files?

Whoops, tried googling again and found the answer.

From Apolllo 73 and beyond.

A few months ago is all I know. I use them and I know OpenATV and I'm sure OpenPLI have adopted them in their images as well.

The idea will certainly simplify tracking Picons to channels but I am quite surprised that PLi & ATV adopted this ahead of ViX. Reminds me of the illusive ViXBMC edition..........:D

How does this work ? I still do it the old way with Reference numbers

I remember Abu Baniaz contacting me about it a while back but it needed latest images to work??

The below was taken from a thread on WoS by Abu Baniaz [

As people are aware, keeping up with service refernce changes and renaming picons has been a long standing menial issue.

From next image after Apollo 73, the picon code has been adapted to do away with the dependence on service reference. Picons will now be displayed based on the channel name subject to the naming parameters listed further down. This will mean the picon makers can now concentrate on making picons and not bother about keeping up with service reference changes.

The Service Named Picons (SNPs) are lower in the selection list than the conventional Service Reference Picons (SRPs). This is useful were a channel has the same name on different satellites and you wish to use a different picon for some of them. Nothing has changed with regards to picon locations.

The commit is below. It is opensource and other image makers are free to adopt this.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...derer/Picon.py

Hypothetical channel "DDC One London +1" will require a picon called "ddconelondonplus1.png"

Last edited by a moderator:
All you do is basically copy the picon folder to the root of the drive you want be that, HDD, USB or even root of your box.

Back