Whats the best pickup truck

SkinbacK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Now that someone has just wrote of my Volvo today by smashing into the back of me not only once but they managed to do it twice really hard. How I do not know but it sent my car flying down the road from a stationary position into a next car. The driver of the council van said he didn't have brakes all in all he smashed three cars. My head is still in a spin.

Now that I've got that of my chest what is the best pick-up. I was thinking of a used Isuzu Rodeo or Mitsubishi L200.

All the modes and makes mentioned are all pretty reliable.
At work we have an old Tplate L200 thats used every day for towing plant and large mowers.
Its done over 200,000 miles and still going strong!!!!!!!
still on the same engine and gearbox.
Had some chasis plating done last year and the usual wear and tear, but its a work truck and as such has nore than earned its money.
Off road its great with the right tyres.
We have a 03 plate Toyota Hilux crew cab thats great and the boss uses it to take his wife , kids and caravan on holiday.
was just smaked up the a*se and all it did was bend the tow bar ( Chasis rails are as straight as new) .
Wrote off mateys front end completely!!!!!
Also had a Ford ranger as an insurance relacement while the Hilux was checked over and Repaired and that was nice to drive.
They are cheaper to buy second hand and dont seem to hold their money as well.
Have driven Nissan Navara and as a works truck was excellent.
It depends upon how much money you want to spend and what you want and like the look of.
I would say that try some diffrent models and makes as they can vary in terms of ride height and leg/head room.
Be aware that these are sold as commercial vehicles and as such can be abused in the wrong hands in terms of not serviceing correctly.
Although now almost sold as everyday family cars.
Be aware that anything from 51 reg onwards will be hit by the green car tax and can cost £200 upwards.
Hope i have helped with the info.

Thanks for the insight I do like the look of the Isuzu Rodeo & Mitsubishi L200 Warrior. I'm want to get auto because I prefer & also a lot of people crunch the manual gears on these 4x4. As you said I also seen the Ranger going for lower prices, I wondering if that's because there unreliable.

Back