whats my car worth?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
im trying to find out how much my cars worth, ive been looking in the yellow ads paper at similar cars, but theyre going for anything from £500-£2.5k

tried a few sites, they all offered me around £400 for it lol, a local sales place said theyd give me £2k for it, against a new car, if i financed the difference over 5 years (fook orf lol) and another offered me £25 for the wheels, a tenner for the exhaust, and £50 scrap value for the rest

i know theres a few mechanics on here, so wondered if i could get an honest answer

its a 1997 3 series BMW 318iSE on about 125k, it had the Mpower badge on the back, sides and under the bonnet, but i hate car badges so took them all off the outside, but im not even sure if it actually is Mpower or if they was just stuck on by previous owner, it does have full factory fitted body kit though

im not looking to sell it, as it works out ive already had my moneys worth from it, but it needs a little work on it, and im wondering if its worth it

extras put onto it before i bought it are the newer type alloys, janspeed exhaust system, pioneer 10 disc changer system

the work that needs doing is rear drivers side bearing, slave clutch cylinder, has a slight oil leak and rattles a bit over 5000 revs (only since i beat my friend in his little z3 though lol, 120+ on the 6500rpm limiter in 4th on a private road) and breaks all round (i never use them though, but apparently theyre needed for the MOT)

Last edited:
i had one similar to that...i got £1300 for it.
Check on auto trader.
Mine was 1998(s reg ) 318 ise...sports coupe(full kit),full leather,110,000 in red

Last edited:
i had one similar to that...i got £1300 for it.
Check on auto trader.
Mine was 1998(s reg ) 318 ise...sports coupe(full kit),full leather,110,000 in red

Yes but did your engine sound like someone shaking a box of spanners?

I think autotrader is the best way to decide this. Just see what others are going for on there then knock a few hundred off.

If it's an M it should have MPOWER or the M logo on the rocker cover.

problem.JPG

Z4S54.jpg

Back