whatever happened to the cornershop neds?

registration

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been noticing more and more recently that neds/chavs/jakies etc seem to be ditching the traditional corner shop and chip shop hangouts.....to bug the people going in and out of tesco instead! Are they going up market, or are they hanging there because there are benches and shelter from the rain?

On a slightly lighter note, on the way home a few weeks back a young nedette (could only have been about 13) asked me to buy drink for her. Told her no, she politely thanked me and went on to someone else. A polite ned. I was amazed, i lost the urge to take her money and spend it on something for myself.

Yeah, i've noticed that; don't think the small outdoor lights compare with the large ones outside tesco's or there's more cars to choose from in a tesco's car-park. I'd be interested to know if anybody has indeed bought alcohol from the local store for a ned/chav/jakie; if they did then i would assume that they didn't know about the 6 months mandatory prison sentence for anyone buying/supplying alcohol to a minor!!

Yeah, i've noticed that; don't think the small outdoor lights compare with the large ones outside tesco's or there's more cars to choose from in a tesco's car-park. I'd be interested to know if anybody has indeed bought alcohol from the local store for a ned/chav/jakie; if they did then i would assume that they didn't know about the 6 months mandatory prison sentence for anyone buying/supplying alcohol to a minor!!

I think anyone with a shred of common sense would take their money and keep it. For their benefit. Obviously ;)

I think anyone with a shred of common sense would take their money and keep it. For their benefit. Obviously ;)

Stupid suggestion; 'common sense', that would make you a THIEF with a possible accusation of robbing a minor (your word against theirs). Regardless of the age of the minors, if they found out where you lived you would then have gangs of kids hanging about outside your house causing harrassment. I take it you wouldn't mind that. The 'common sense' approach would be to just ignore them.

Stupid suggestion; 'common sense', that would make you a THIEF with a possible accusation of robbing a minor (your word against theirs). Regardless of the age of the minors, if they found out where you lived you would then have gangs of kids hanging about outside your house causing harrassment. I take it you wouldn't mind that. The 'common sense' approach would be to just ignore them.

clearly common sense is subjective. Someone with common sense would have realised that comment was a joke.

Are you one of those argumentative bunnies? the keyboard warrior types?

Its ever since they started wearing burberyy now that is upmarket labels

------Lol wrong rant----
Tesco Metro
Sainsbury Express
etc etc

can't compete with cheaper prices now that they are cornering the corner shop market too...lets not forget the dictating the farmers too...

Progress eh (ok we get cheaper prices sometomes its worth paying more)

clearly common sense is subjective. Someone with common sense would have realised that comment was a joke.

Are you one of those argumentative bunnies? the keyboard warrior types?

Err...no I’m not, but back to your point. The fact that you see your 1st comment to have comedic value surpasses me, maybe better phrasing and a formal upbeat notation to what you actually meant would have brought me round to your way of thinking. I await your response will ALL SPEED. :)

Err...no I’m not, but back to your point. The fact that you see your 1st comment to have comedic value surpasses me, maybe better phrasing and a formal upbeat notation to what you actually meant would have brought me round to your way of thinking. I await your response will ALL SPEED. :)

I never said my first comment was a joke. My first post was a happy obersvation/rant. My second post on the thread was a lighthearted joke.

Has your confusion cleared, or have I not applied enough common sense?

No, i mean't the first comment in the quoted post (#7), that's why i quoted it for you. Common sense would to told you that, i do hope YOUR confusion has now cleared. :proud:

no one asks me to go in and buy their booze for them any more. I must look like a grass!

They can't hang around the corner shops for fear of being served an asbo... that and the fact that most of the corner shops have gone. Also its much easier to steal from Tezzas. Give the little tw*ts a good clout round the ear, and tell them ooh in my day! and wag your finger ferociously, it always worked for me Nan God bless her:angelwing .

They can't hang around the corner shops for fear of being served an asbo... that and the fact that most of the corner shops have gone. Also its much easier to steal from Tezzas. Give the little tw*ts a good clout round the ear, and tell them ooh in my day! and wag your finger ferociously, it always worked for me Nan God bless her:angelwing .

that certainly sounds like a plan.

although watch your back, you may incur the wrath of PhoenixUser. :Boo:

Back