What would you have done?

friendzi

DW Regular +
Reaction score
I was going to post this in the rant room but I thought it could make a good discussion.

The other night was my missus birthday. Went on a night out with friends etc… My pal had a bit to drink. We were in a takeaway end of the night when my mate spoke to his missus like shit (I mean it was bang out of order and I told him that I thought it was also). Anyway the whole food joint went quiet, Next minute a female started throwing abuse at my mate due to the way he spoke to his missus, and fair enough he kind of deserved it. Now this is where it changes… Next minute a guy who is with this woman gets involved and also starts throwing abuse at him. Now fair enough the woman yes but then the guy no. Hence why I get involved and basically asked the guy why he got involved…. This woman then turns on me overshouting me basically wouldn’t let me speak. My missus gets up and takes my pal outside the food joint to calm things down.

Few minutes later after eating my overpriced donor meat this little skank walks from the counter past me and shouts to her mate “Lets go, We don’t need to be around these wankers”.

I saw red. Got in her face. Next min im tussling with the bouncer from the takeway. People trying to split us up from killing each other. Eventually I calm down with help from my missus. But I make a point of saying to the bouncer that he should open his eyes and read the situation better etc… After that I jumped in a taxi and went home.

What would you of done? Stayed quiet and let you mate deal with it? I only got involved due to the fact the other guy did. Also that skank was bang out of order for carrying it on. Should I of got in her face? I did make sure I told her who does she think she is etc… Did she cause the tussle.

I don’t get how some females think they can throw abuse and some even assault men and not expect anything back. Or the wannabe hero guys who say you should never hit a woman. Well im not that old skool im afraid. If I saw a woman crack a bloke and he hit her back, Id walk on.

Thoughts?

I know what you should have done - ignored the tossers.

I also know I'm not very good at taking my own advice ;)

As Him Her says, ignore them.

As for the bouncer, I have to say that I haven't been to a kebab place with a bouncer.

It's not the people in the restaurant at fault in fact it sounds like they was sticking up for your mates wife. What you need to do is approach your mate and tell him to cool it before a major riot starts. He cannot treat his wife in a bad way and expect nothing back in return. friendzi you must try and have a man to man with him and see where the marriage is going pear shaped if you know what I mean.

It's not the people in the restaurant at fault in fact it sounds like they was sticking up for your mates wife. What you need to do is approach your mate and tell him to cool it before a major riot starts. He cannot treat his wife in a bad way and expect nothing back in return. friendzi you must try and have a man to man with him and see where the marriage is going pear shaped if you know what I mean.

Sorry, I have to completely disagree. The people in the restaurant were out of order - you poke your nose into someone else's relationship at your peril. Sounds to me they were looking for trouble and it only would have taken someone with the wrong colour hanky or whatever.

Me and Mrs M have gone at it hammer and tongs for nearly 40 years and it's just meaningless banter to us but to the onlooker it could very well appear something different. However, if you interfere the chances are you'll get the sharp side of her tongue.

What sounds bad to others may not be what it seems.

Now, if there's clearly a problem and you could offer some advice that's different - jump in with unwanted advice and don't be surprised if they both slap you!

:)

Sorry, I have to completely disagree. The people in the restaurant were out of order - you poke your nose into someone else's relationship at your peril. Sounds to me they were looking for trouble and it only would have taken someone with the wrong colour hanky or whatever.

Me and Mrs M have gone at it hammer and tongs for nearly 40 years and it's just meaningless banter to us but to the onlooker it could very well appear something different. However, if you interfere the chances are you'll get the sharp side of her tongue.

What sounds bad to others may not be what it seems.

Now, if there's clearly a problem and you could offer some advice that's different - jump in with unwanted advice and don't be surprised if they both slap you!

:)

We both gave good sound advice H, opinions certainly matter in this instance. It would be interesting now to see exactly which route friendzi takes and I sincerely hope the matter is solved sooner rather than later.

I would have started break dancing and got everyone to clap along until it was all forgotten about, then i eated some kebabs and goed home.

Sounds good apart from the eating kebab bit. :)

Its been sorted now mate. Believe me i let him know he was out of order. Doubt it will happen again any time soon

Its been sorted now mate. Believe me i let him know he was out of order. Doubt it will happen again any time soon

Good man friendzi sometimes these people need a bit of a hint on how to treat there wife, because his way was definitely not working. If he has any sense mate your sound advice should work wonders. I hope everything picks up for them both now and they have many happy years together. :)

i would have floored the mouthy girl and then done the same to the bouncer to show I dont discriminate between sexes. I would of then ordered a doner with just onion and chilli sauce with a side of onion rings and eaten it with the staff whilst the injured 2 recovered, to show no hard feelings. To finish up I would then ask my mate who was rude to his girlfriend if I could have a go on her to cheer her up .

Back