What were the devices you grew up with?

Vespertine

Inactive User
Reaction score
No matter how old you are everybodys had the toy or device that carried them through their childhood. Whether it is the newer game consoles or older ones.

Personally it was the PS2 for me.

Sinclair spectrum. Spent hours waiting for Hobbit to load. Kept having to adjust tape recorder heads cos I was getting syntax error! Lol Manic Miner too
Same here.
I started with the zx spectrum + then the zx spectrum +2... they were the days.

The noise it made loading built up the excitement until the error.

Cue throwing everything around the bedroom because Daley Thompsons Decathlon wouldnt load 🤪
Sitting in front of the keyboard for hours typing out games from magazines only to find you made many mistakes and the game was shite anyway 🤔

mine was a zx81 no color are sound , typed out for hours the machine code for a butterfly flying about the screen pmsl
Wow the zx81... thats what my brother had.
Another 1 i had on my journey to manhood lol was the amiga 500 and 600.

Had the amiga 1200 was amazing going to the pc club for my pirate games and using x-copy deffo the good old days m8 :)
X-copy 😁... i was just trying to remember what i used to copy games. First ever game on my amiga was "desert strike".. brilliant game in its day.

Sitting in front of the keyboard for hours typing out games from magazines only to find you made many mistakes and the game was shite anyway 🤔
Ah input magazine and the inputs were pure machine code

Ah input magazine and the inputs were pure machine code

It's online but I got this Vol 1 Issue 3 as a hand-me-down :). I can't remember when I was given it but it would have probably been late 1980s. It's the only one I have and I think it had the VIC-20 Pac-Man listing in it as I remember typing one of those in at some point (I still have the VIC-20, also a gift from someone, and it still works). It was 95p in 1984.

Input.jpg

Last edited:
I have all the copies of the Input magazines.

I grew up with the Dragon 32 computer, which I still own and it still works!

Then I had a Spectrum 48K..

Then moved onto the Atari ST around 1988. Sold it and got an Amiga 500 around 1990, then a few years later upgraded to an Amiga 1200, which I used for many years.

Back