what was the point???

The only thing about that charlie, is that in this case, she took her predicament to court and won, so did abide by our race relations and equality laws.

Indeed, the school did not.

Where does that leave us?

It leaves us too scared to voice our concerns as we would hate to be labelled as racists.

We could learn a thing or two about being patriotic from the French and Aussies. They don't put up with any of this nonsense. Has anyone been to Saudi? Their treatment of foreigners is the exact opposite to us. The British government has no idea about social integration and cohesion of it's ethnic minorities. We really could learn much from the way other countries treat our citizens abroad and maybe return the compliment.

it is fucking silly and it is only going to get worse and worse
cant wait for the next religion thing to come up

Has anyone been to Saudi? Their treatment of foreigners is the exact opposite to us.

Not a good example, Saudi Arabia have one of the worst human rights records in the world. The French have more racial problems than we do and the Aussies have an appauling record with the way they treated the Aboriginies (the true natives).

Slasher,
How old are you? I assumed you were in your early twenties, however if you remember corporal punishment in school then you must be at least in your mid-thirties.

I suspect the girl no longer felt welcome in her school and so that probably necessitated her to change schools. I would also remind you (as someone previously said) that she won her case and so it was proven in the courts that the school was in the wrong.
If wearing the bangle is that fickle a matter that most of you would believe, why on earth would the school wish to risk a young girls education and go to the extent of letting it reach court over such a minor infraction on the school uniform code.

Slasher,
How old are you? I assumed you were in your early twenties, however if you remember corporal punishment in school then you must be at least in your mid-thirties.

Might be mate, lol, thats why i gave you a rough idea with the corporal punishment thing.

Back