What to do?

glic83

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey everyone,i was asked by my mate as to what would be the better option,he had sky digital but is sicking of paying the prices so decided he was going to watch free sat,is he better off just staying with the sky box and getting the card off them or would he be better off getting a free sat box?would the free sat box give him any extra channels over the sky box?any of your opinions would be must helpful,thanks in advance

well it would be cheaper to get a card from Sky tbh £20 I think it is

but you get ITVHD as an exclusive to freesat + if you get a Humax Foxsat (freesat) box that will pick up all that freesat from sky has to offer (as far as I know)

when he cancels sky they will turn off the pay channels on the card, youll still get the FIVE channels and sky3, you will get more channels than a freesat box, but youll also have a blank screen for the channels you cant get

with freesat you will only receive the channels you can actually view, so no screen asking you to upgrade, plus if you get a HD box ITVHD is exclusive to this service

I would say its horses for coursed.
It depends what you want it for.
If you were shopping for a computer you would look at the software to see what speck it required.
If he likes sport there’s not a lot of it on freesat.

well he is also based in Ireland so would he get itv hd?think he is just sick of paying for the extra channels ill show him hes options and he can go from there,cheers lads

was talking to him today hes still undecided as he would like to be able to get setanta but this isnt possible with the free sat boxes,but he likes the idea of everything being displayed and no blank channels and asking you to upgrade your subscription as with sky,how much are the free sat boxes at the moment?and is there any restrictions with being based in Ireland,if anyone has any suggestions please let me know cheers

setanta sports news/channels arnt on Freesat maybe setanta sports news will become avalible in the future ??

if you cant get ITVHD in Ireland (dont think you can) just change to a London postcode :)

you can pick up Freesat HD box's for about £120- £150 depending on box you want

personally I would go with the Humax Foxsat better build quality that the Alba range and has the option to scan non freesat channels :)
at the moment Comet are offering a discount until end of September on Freesat box's
FREESATOFFER GO HERE AND use collect from store,get it for £134.99

anything else m8 just ask :)

Just tried the link above and is showing £149 collect from store??? If you go down the store are they selling them for £139.99

FREESATOFFER is the code you enter to get discount

if its cheap instore anyway just go in store :) lol

Back