What timers?

Cheers Al
One thing,i delete certain channels from my bouquets,When i run autobouquet now it restores the bouquets to default line up, is there anyway round that? Cos i take a lot of junk out but they keep coming back?

Thanks

Richie

Any chance we can see your bq-error.log file then, please? Because AutoBouquets wasn't happy with what it saw after the 5 minute update Scan phase, so butted out of the process and restored your box to it's original state....

I found the the same issue on a test run around noon to 1 pm today. The Transponder containing most of the Sly Movies (TSid 07d7) was out of action in the stream, hence no lead-in "Sly Premiere" channel found by our our our new stealth checker, and no TSid 07d7 transponder found in the new services.xml file generated by the Scan, either. So 'no next in line' channel to use instead, either...

Clever, ain't it? Try again later, and all will probably be fine. Cheers- AL ;)

No error came up, box done its thing but added all the channels i took out via bouquet editor.
Eg setanta,chelsea tv, bollywood movies etc.can i edit my bouquets then run a timer for get epg only, that way it shouldnt put all the junk channels back into the bouquets?

Thanks. Richie

Richie- you are going about this in totally the wrong way, and in doing so, are about to dispense with a a unique and very powerful resource- AutoBouquets aren't you? For 28.2E users, we advise NOT to use Bouquet Editor. Will you please READ the helpfiles we so painstakingly put together in order for you to understand why? In particular, AutoBouquets, Customizing Bouquets, and GetEPG.

It's dead easy, and only needs to be done once. You basically TELL AutoBouquets which junk channels you want it to automatically delete each time it runs (as well as shuffling the bouquet listings order if you wish, and the channels ordering within the bouquets). Just add lines like mine shown here to the local.scan file AFTER SML has been run and BEFORE AutoBouquets is run for the first time:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

However, if you want to be dogmatic and do it your half-arsed way, BLUE > YELLOW > GREEN to add a new Timer
Type: run plugin
Time: to suit you
Frequency: Daily
select Plugin: (from the list displayed) GetEPG NOW
RED to Save

But trust me, our way is infinitely superior to your intended approach...

Cheers- AL :confused:

"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot force it to drink..."

Last edited:
Thought you might say that,Going to break the habbit of a lifetime and read the fecking thing !
Let you know how it goes.

Cheers :)

Al, i am bored now,Done that reading thingy you mentioned,went to /var/tuxbox/config/local.scan and put the commands in.
box sorted now FFFS!

Thanks for the push m8.

Al, i am bored now,Done that reading thingy you mentioned,went to /var/tuxbox/config/local.scan and put the commands in.
box sorted now FFFS!

Thanks for the push m8.

And it only took you 20 mins :)

No Its not working,channels i deleted are back.This is the file i added to local.scan

# Auto Bouquets local scan
# CHL1 CHL2 CHL3 CHL4 CHL5
# 2004 2016 6371 1626 1830

replace "1" "BBC 1 London" "BBC 1 Scotland"
replace "1" "BBC 2 England" "BBC 2 Scotland"
replace "2" "ITV" "STV"
replace "1" "ITV +1" "STV +1"
add_above "1" "ITV2" "ITV"
add_above "1" "ITV2" "ITV +1"
replace "7" "Channel 4" "Channel 4"
replace "6" "Channel 4 +1" "Channel 4 +1"
replace "6" "Channel 5" "Channel 5"
delete "4" "Nollywood"
delete "5" "Setanta Ireland"
delete "5" "Setanta Sports1"
delete "5" "Chelsea TV"
delete "5" "MUTV"
delete "5" "Premier Sports"
delete "5" "BoxNation"
delete "5" "Primetime"
What have i done wrong ?

Where have you gone wrong? You applied guesswork, rather than follow my example, that's where you went wrong, LOL!

delete "1" "Nollywood"
delete "1" "Setanta Ireland"
delete "1" "Setanta Sports1"
delete "1" "Chelsea TV"
delete "1" "MUTV"
delete "1" "Premier Sports"
delete "1" "BoxNation"
delete "1" "Primetime"

;)

No Its not working,channels i deleted are back.This is the file i added to local.scan

# Auto Bouquets local scan
# CHL1 CHL2 CHL3 CHL4 CHL5
# 2004 2016 6371 1626 1830

replace "1" "BBC 1 London" "BBC 1 Scotland"
replace "1" "BBC 2 England" "BBC 2 Scotland"
replace "2" "ITV" "STV"
replace "1" "ITV +1" "STV +1"
add_above "1" "ITV2" "ITV"
add_above "1" "ITV2" "ITV +1"
replace "7" "Channel 4" "Channel 4"
replace "6" "Channel 4 +1" "Channel 4 +1"
replace "6" "Channel 5" "Channel 5"
delete "4" "Nollywood"
delete "5" "Setanta Ireland"
delete "5" "Setanta Sports1"
delete "5" "Chelsea TV"
delete "5" "MUTV"
delete "5" "Premier Sports"
delete "5" "BoxNation"
delete "5" "Primetime"
What have i done wrong ?

i may be wrong but shouldn't these read

add_above "1" "ITV2" "STV"
add_above "1" "ITV2" "STV +1"

thats if the is an STV +1 that bit I'm not sure about

and these should be in a file called radiotimes.scan named like below :)

delete "1" "Nollywood"
delete "1" "Setanta Ireland"
delete "1" "Setanta Sports1"
delete "1" "Chelsea TV"
delete "1" "MUTV"
delete "1" "Premier Sports"
delete "1" "BoxNation"
delete "1" "Primetime"

Creating my local SML, Tried sending the file i made up using Notepad++ to Local.scan then tried radiotimes.scan, Then radiotimes-IR.scan. None of these worked, Channels NOT deleted,suggestions?

Guys is it not radiotimes-IR.scan these files should go to?

Pass: to be honest i edit radiotimes.scan then after i transfer over to box i always run Dos to Linux in utilities menu to to be safe, then next morning after auto bouquets has run its all as i want it.

just checked my radiotimes-IR.scan date of last time of modification was 6th June 2012, so i was right its radiotimes.scan you edit, i think the other is a backup in case something goes wrong on the scan, but not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Guys is it not radiotimes-IR.scan these files should go to?

Why, when you've set your location to Scotland? That file is not even looked at by AutoBouquets! It's a special file for the paddies in the Republic of Ireland. When they do their one hit SML, radiotimes.scan gets renamed to radiotimes-UK.scan (and is then ignored), while radiotimes-IR.scan is renamed to radiotimes.scan - so becomes the one conditionally read by AutoBouquets.

The reason I use local.scan for this sort of customization is that this file is ALWAYS read by AutoBouquets before it reads one of the other three (+1 sorting) conditional xxx.scan files. Doing it my way, it's a good idea to backup this file to PC as it WILL get overwritten by SML should you ever run this again!

Doing it Napster's way is fine if you're using the default "with Parent channels" option for the +1 channels. But if you change to the crap BSkyB (random) +1 sorting, then it's bskyb.scan that would be your customizing target. Or if you try the excellent "Plus 1hr channels" own bouquet option, then plus1.scan is your target. Simples, innit?

Cheers- AL :)

Last edited:
Job done guys, Noticed tonight some of the channels i had for delete had gone, Checked names of other channels for delete
they were not exactly how they should have been, Eg capital letters in the correct places, Changed them and sent file to Local.scan
done autobouqet now and job done.
Thanks Al & Napster for your help again,Cheers guys.

A big Thanks to Al & Napster for your help ref Timers.
All working spot on, All the junk i didnt want gone and channels where i want them, Epg spot on also.

Thanks Guys.

Back