What supplement?

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi there, what supplements would you recommend with a good diet? ( multi-vitamin, creatine, amino acids etc
I have been browsing Supplements | Protein | Creatine | Whey and theres that many on there ..
Currently only taking weight gain and also looking at protein supplements as well.
Thanks in advance,
Nick.

I would say the basics are multi vitimin, codliver oil or flax seed oil and water, water, water... then on top of that that optional extras are creatine for perfomance boost, ALC as a testosterone booster (or ZMA), protein to build muscle, Amino acid to boost muscle, and L-Glutimaine as a muscle saver, preserver...

I only take cod liver, a multi vitimin and some zinc... and just drink a glass of milk after a workout. They are pretty gimmicy these supps, but if you want to try them then so be it. You will get along very nicley with just the codliver and multi vitimin (get mine from Aldi with added bio active stuff in them) and out of all them I would say creatine caps and protein shakes are probably the least gimicky out of the lot.

I would say the basics are multi vitimin, codliver oil or flax seed oil and water, water, water... then on top of that that optional extras are creatine for perfomance boost, ALC as a testosterone booster (or ZMA), protein to build muscle, Amino acid to boost muscle, and L-Glutimaine as a muscle saver, preserver...

I only take cod liver, a multi vitimin and some zinc... and just drink a glass of milk after a workout. They are pretty gimmicy these supps, but if you want to try them then so be it. You will get along very nicley with just the codliver and multi vitimin (get mine from Aldi with added bio active stuff in them) and out of all them I would say creatine caps and protein shakes are probably the least gimicky out of the lot.

Thanks for that mate. I have purchased some:
NOW Foods ADAM Superior Mens Multiple Vitamin
I will purchase these as well
Cod Liver Oil 1000mg High Strength - 365 Capsules on eBay (end time 02-Aug-09 11:09:29 BST)
I will go and buy some protein from the gym. Its TTP pure protein 908g for 14.99.

know what ive bought this and that and wasted so much money on supplements ive kinda swingin towards the same as u..ive narrowed it down to a good multi vit and im goin to take L-Glutimaine again but thats about it..even with protein shakes im going to cut down cause im pretty sure that is whats cause my bloated belly..plus do u really need all that protein..i play football and hit the gym so i need my carbs aswell but instead off buyin big tub off protein ive started gettin the 3 packs off chicken breast from asda for a tenner which last a few days and eatin more salmon and veg and i enjoy it so much more gettin protein that way..i weigh bout 190 pounds so should b taken in say bout 180 to 250 grams off protein but i can never manage it..some days i might but just get fed up drinkin shakes..do u reckon u could still build muscle with out worry about all that protein as long as im eatin healthy..i dont wanna b massive orr that..ive got a good build as it is cause its just the way ive always been

as for the vits bud..heres the ones i use
PhD Nutrition Catalyst 60 Capsules - 1 Month supply : General Health : sports supplements & bodybuilding supplements | USN, Maximuscle & PhD Nutrition - Monstersupplements.com

i dont get them from there but from a shop beside me plus tescos i saw where doin buy 2 gt one free and it was the wellmans multi vits which is a good one aswell..i feel buyin ones u got which arent named u can never be sure off the quailty off them and the oils u got of ebay could be anything. i know its good to get cheap but u want to put something in your body which has been tested and the vits u got u could pay couple pound more for good ones..i used another site before for multi vits and it had loads off things in it but then someone said to me theres only a tiny amount off things in they tablets your body would need more amounts to benifit so thats why i went for what i did cause they,ve put not so much things into one table so your gettin less things but more amount off something in it which will be better for u..

hope that makes sense if u know what i mean..totally knackered lol

Back