Well today is day 22, first 'treat', or "re-feed" day. I've already had some cereal, (in addition to bacon & eggs)- didn't really enjoy the cereal- too sweet. And I cannot believe I am saying that, as I used to have a really sweet tooth.
@Spectre, you were right. Although there have been no comments about my breath (maybe people are just too polite?), there is a somewhat unpleasant odour following me around, I really noticed it this morning. It was a hot night last night, it didn't get much below 30° and I sweated like a pig! Kept waking up & having to move off the wet patch lol! Well, when I smelt the pillow this morning...:eek:. It's in the wash along with the sheets. A/C tonight methinks.
But on the plus side, after just 3 weeks on the diet (or 'plan' as they like to call it), a couple of finger joints that have been getting increasingly stiff (especially in the mornings) are noticeably better already, and I am definitely sleeping better and waking up feeling refreshed & ready to take on another day (mostly). I've had lower back pain for many years and even that feels better now. Yes, it does come & go anyway so that may just be expectation, but I'm not grumbling!
One other thing I have noticed is it does raise awareness as to what is being eaten. And just how much sh*te is put into everyday (supermarket) food, often purely for the sake of a longer shelf-life.
So all in all, it's so far so good and I hope to continue for the foreseeable.

Great stuff @trevortron :). It takes a lot of willpower to adhere to a diet like that.

Ketosis - Wikipedia

The usual sign of ketosis is the acetone breath smell but others could be down to what you are actually eating or dehydration. I've only ever stayed in a ketotic state for about two weeks and you are way over that so it's interesting to see your updates!

Thank you for the encouraging comments, they do help. Funnily enough, willpower is not one of my stronger points- well I didn't think it was, I often tell myself I need to grow a pair!!
Happily my o/h is supporting me well and cooks pretty much anything I ask, that is most definitely helping me more than anything else.
I had a couple more sweet things today I would have considered 'treats' and did not really enjoy them.
I think dehydration may be an issue, but I am drinking water like there's no tomorrow! It is warm (35° right now) so it's not hard to get through 5 l per day.

1501945905953.jpg

Thank you for the encouraging comments, they do help. Funnily enough, willpower is not one of my stronger points- well I didn't think it was, I often tell myself I need to grow a pair!!
Happily my o/h is supporting me well and cooks pretty much anything I ask, that is most definitely helping me more than anything else.
I had a couple more sweet things today I would have considered 'treats' and did not really enjoy them.
I think dehydration may be an issue, but I am drinking water like there's no tomorrow! It is warm (35° right now) so it's not hard to get through 5 l per day.

View attachment 119720

Dehydration is a strange one too...

Your body will probably still be adjusting to the new diet.

Dehydration is a strange one too...

Your body will probably still be adjusting to the new diet.

Yes, I was thinking that too. 54 years of eating habits ain't going to change in 3 weeks.
I am actually glad the sweet stuff wasn't to my liking as I think that could have been a hard temptation to resist. As it is, I'm not feeling any cravings now. Bread however, especially the locally produced stuff, could still prove a challenge. But I've resisted so far without too much difficulty, I just need to concentrate on the ultimate goal. NO MORE WHITE POISON!

I heard about this. But we have different body. If it works for others, it doesn't guarantee that it would also works for you. I think this kind of diet need fitness and health professionals to guide you.

I heard about this. But we have different body. If it works for others, it doesn't guarantee that it would also works for you. I think this kind of diet need fitness and health professionals to guide you.

Funnily enough I avoided discussing this with any of the above, for the simple reason it doesn't fit in with the generally accepted "healthy/balanced diet" that most have been brainwashed into thinking is good. It's not.
Doctors, "advisors" etc. don't like to stray from the norm, I have personal experience of this. The advice they give is often profit-driven and not always the best. Next time you're in a doctor's surgery, look around and see how much sponsored crap there is lying around; notepads, pens, etc., all advertising. The Pharmas don't give that stuff away for nothing, it's there for a reason- profit.
I agree with the point you make about us not all being the same. A lot of advice going around assumes 'one size fits all', when clearly this is not the case. We all have to feel our way and find out what is best. Nothing wrong with some guidance but all this crap they come away with- 8 hours sleep, x amount of calories per day etc. etc, doesn't apply to everyone.

My experience so far has been mostly positive. Yes, I have lost weight and some belly, though those were not the primary objectives. I am sleeping better and waking up feeling refreshed, and a few of my aches and pains are less noticeable. And all this without any significant amount of exercise!

Back