Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Needs To Be Fixed ?

Internal HDD recognition would be my top priority. Even with the USB reader it sometimes does not detect the HDD (samsung 640gb). I found that if it waits at 27% for a while, it usually does not detect the HDD.

Media (divx etc) playback as posted by others
Navigation within recorded files
Youtube player would be lovely
If HD skins are not fixed soon, then disabling them until such time as they are fixed.

A very minor fix would be the volume buttons on the middle of the remote. I've tried the TM800 remote on a TM 500. These buttons operate the volume on a TM500 but not on the TM800. The only use I found was that during pvr playback, a long press allows us to select a place on the recording to jump to,although this freezes at times. Is there any way of finding out what the buttons on the remote are mapped to?

Hi mate ref navigation with recorded files, if you mean sorting into genre folders i have found a way.

FTP into TM800 and find media file, within this locate your external drive folder.You can add folders at this point say movies , soaps etc.

Via remote go to restart
Once rebooted go to list- locations you should now see options you have just made to your media file.Pick rear usb slot and choose other options you will now be asked to select the movie path. Hit menu button and choose switch to file list and then pick rear disk and you should see the added folders, select each one in turn and use blue button to add bookmarks and exit.Now each time you select add timer you will be presented with recording location and you able to select which folder you record to.

belmando

You have not got tm800
how did you test it to make any comments WITH LATEST IMAGE 02-02-11 ???
I am 100% sure as per my instruction I do not get green screen
STOP MAKING COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD AND PLEASE LEAVE TO tm800 OWNERS TO CARRY ON
AS USUAL YOUR NEGATIVE TALKING WILL NOT HELP MEMBERS to fix what thay want :Fish:

(Deleted as irrelevant) This box is still plagued with Slowness, Break ups and audio sync issues on HD Channels and recording anything to the internal hard drive is soooooo hit and miss i have given up bothering to use it, i know im not the only one who has complained on these issues so please dont say i am just moan and causing trouble because i aint. I am just a p!ssed off Technomate Consumer

Oh and before you ask i have followed all the instructions to the letter time and time again and its still just as bad. The only good thing to come from the TM800HD over the last few months are the enhancements the DW team and DigiDude do. Yes the box hardware is great but the image lets face it is a pile of sh!t (Deleted as irrelevant)

If people don't start to watch their language then infractions will be issued ellie1998

Last edited by a moderator:
this is not in the moans thread
its in the
What Needs To Be Fixed ? thread

It's because people are unhappy and feel as if it's all being covered up.

I know and I understand mate
but I will repeat myself

this thread is meant to be helpful for us, to show whats to be fixed so TM/UR_ can see what we want and whats most popular to incorporate first

they are not wanting to read lots of negative posts, they can read then anywhere else in this room ;) lol

Ive spend good money on this box and I for 1 want it fixed asap

I'm not here to praise anyone but reading negative comments day after day is very weary
I'm not saying you cant be fed up mate but lets get this thread back on track and say what we want fixed to TM/UR_ have NO EXCUSE ;)

posts moaning have been moved to the moans threads, not a single post has been deleted, only moved

posts moaning have been moved to the moans threads, not a single post has been deleted, only moved

I will be deleting them myself and start handing out infractions. I think everyone knows I have a beef with the box but it's not an excuse for anarchy.

Not happy with everyone getting on the case of a certain member either, we don't care what peoples job/positions are off the forum on the forum they are just another member and we don't victimise any members here.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

1. Media Player
2. HD Skins
3. Audio on HD channels are way too low compared to others.
4. Response time to remote, menu for me takes 5 second to load after button being pressed on remote. However no one to date has confirmed if they have same issue.

Last edited:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

1. Media Player
2. HD Skins
3. Audio on HD channels are way too low compared to others.
4. Response time to remote, menu for me takes 5 second to load after button being pressed on remote. However no one to date has confirmed if they have same issue.

i posted this in the thread about the image m8, its the first time ive experienced it. i flashed with a different image and back to 2/2, it was improved, but still found it to be a little slower than ive gotten used to (which aint slow)

hd channels sometimes go out of sync for me
remote control issues same as reported (sometimes )
and id like zapping times increased seems to take forever for pic to clear
id also like option/menu to set picons on/off and to set dir for them :)

cheers

osborne82

Well I have noticed a problem where mg cam just disconnects and theres nothing I can do about restarting it other than reflashing image again to get it working then again after a few hours its will disconnect again. This is why I stuck with 9/1/11 image.

Damn! I've had this as well. Thought it was just me and have spent hours trying to fiddle with things

Hi mate ref navigation with recorded files, if you mean sorting into genre folders i have found a way.

FTP into TM800 and find media file, within this locate your external drive folder.You can add folders at this point say movies , soaps etc.

Via remote go to restart
Once rebooted go to list- locations you should now see options you have just made to your media file.Pick rear usb slot and choose other options you will now be asked to select the movie path. Hit menu button and choose switch to file list and then pick rear disk and you should see the added folders, select each one in turn and use blue button to add bookmarks and exit.Now each time you select add timer you will be presented with recording location and you able to select which folder you record to.

Many thanks for the above. However, I was referring to navigating within a recorded file. One cannot skip adds etc. I've managed to get into constant reboots when changing playback speed. A hard reset put an end to the reboots. I'm using an internal HDD by the way.

if Ive read it right about skipping ADs

you can use the FF button ? although this is a little temperamental

Ive asked a question to the team if its possible to add chapters, as in one press of a button will skip 5 minutes

:)

The FF button changes the visual speed, but the audio continues at the normal speed. The good thing is that the audio catches up when we resume to normal speed by pressing "play". Many thanks for that.

By holding down the right volume button (next to OK), the speed increases with the above peculiarity but we also get a "go to" pop-up. It would be nice if we could get this pop up without the change in speed and also get hour minutes and seconds too. The functionality is there and working to a degree, just needs tweaking.

Selecting a file that was previously opened always results in resumption of playback. It would be nice to be asked if we want to resume or go to the beginning.

Another fix needed is that the recording cuts off a bit at the end.

Is only me or the latest image skip the last 30 second of video play?
I have my collection of recorded videos and though everything works fine, it chops the last 30 second of video play.
Also when you do FF the first skip is a minute long. The only good thing is that it at least works without freezing.

Ok for me, as many of you have already said

1. Would love to have the live streaming (ideal for kids to watch there rubbish) via there netbooks
2. Media playback via internal HDD

I too am waiting for media to be fixed.
Also with regard to wifi.It is only running at superg bitrates ie 135 mbps on N router i know its better that the 54mbps it was at first but the extension channels required for full n compliance need activating this will increase bitrates to at best 270 mbps using a300mbps router.I assume that this will be more than enough for wireless streaming.(when streaming is fixed)

Back