What Needs To Be Fixed ?

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I know TM and UR_ read this forum so maybe it would be a good idea if we got a little list together and maybe an order of what we as TM800 owners want fixed

1... what is most important to you as a working feature
2... what needs to be fixed
3... in what order would you like to see them added (priority)

before you answer you should be using 2/2/11 image as there have been some major driver fixes
if you are using anything before this,the new drivers wont of been added,so your problem may have been fixed in 2/2/11

if you feel you want to add to the list please do :)

Ill make sure TM/UR_ get to see this :)

I am current using
Image Version:TM800-UR-1.0.0-09/01/11
however I will upgrade to test and see if theres any differences as currently my box has several speed issues.

Menu still takes 5 seconds to load aftre press button on remote.
Pressing Yellow button takes atleast 11 seconds before list appears including loading bar.

Channel changes are slow and if you change to fast you get loading bar.

HDMI Audio on HD channels are unreasonably low.

HD Skins.

Going to upgrade image now and post back to see if there are any difference.

Divx Mediaplayer.
HD Skins.

Just a single HD Skin would make me very happy.

I'm using Digidudes last DW custom image, it's kept me happy, I personally have no reason to upgrade further until my requested features are added as the box is running fine IMO.

I'm also using a DW modified
3 things that are important to me
1... HD Skins
2... Media
3... 16:9/4:3 ratio switching

Playback of HD recording still isn't great for me, but as said I'm on an older image so the drivers are to up to date

Ok now using correct image and menu still takes 5seconds to loads, cogs always appearing when trying to flick through channels, HD audio is low IMO, HD Skins :(

PPanel is quicker to load but useless until I manually install Rats Channel Updater :D

Will test later need food!

HD Skins
Glitching on HD channels, and sound going out of sync

I am using Digidudes last release and not the latest so not sure if the glitching has been fixed on that version.

The Image is almost there apart from that. Would be nice to have some other teams releasing so there was a choice.

hi bit-rate HD channels has been fixed so Ive read hacksat
so might be a good idea to upgrade to newer firmware

I think Digi was going to modify it

I've just got jtag box back and using 02/02/11 the machine is slower and more unstable than it's ever been.

System just seems slow to react to things including clogging, buffering rc key presses. Even switching TV input reacts slowly to HDMI signal and blanks out for a few seconds before picture coming on...... never had that happen even going right back to Junes first images.

Wi-fi is unstable. Will work fine for a while and then drop out with Wlan Status reporting everything but encryption working. Can play with it for hours and suddenly it'll come back on - and yes I'm only using WAP setting and have also tried the ridiculous jump through hoops with left trouser leg rolled up instructions from TM. I know more about networking and wi-fi than I've ever known about the TM800 so it's deffo not me at fault.

Unstable green screens on things like change password and factory reset, even on default skins

I would like to see everything advertised working but if had to narrow it down to a few priorities:

1) Stable and reliable Wifi across both protocols instead of wing and a prayer
2) Stable network mounts and 2 way streaming of xvid and mkv, and vlc browser viewing
3) Consistency between images. Things that are working are suddenly fooked in a new image

Thats what I was waiting for lol

Things i want to be fixed and in the order i want them to be fixed:

1). Viasat 90f card still not recognised by tm800 internal card reader (cccam).
2). USB media playback MKV,divx,xvid.
3). Mkv,divx,xvid Streaming from PC to TM800.

4). Have wifi module but never tried because so much hassle apparently with it.
5). Perfect PVR if i decide to fit Hard drive in future.
6). Blind Scan such an important feature overlooked by people who rely on channel lists for a single sat. My 10 year old generic sat box has this feature!
7). Still cant get channels from MEO hispasat uncertain whether its satellite dish or the tm800 (havent got another hd receiver to try).

Hope thats not to much but once the above is done, i will think of more.

I seem to be lucky ,i dont have many of the issues some of you have.I wish i could tell you why but i load images ,, wifi works , hdd (external) is recognised , pvr works if i dont try to be too clever with fast forwarding etc.My remote response is sometimes slower than my pressing buttons but i put that down to me.
But i would like the media player fixed, particularly to play divxd, it would also be nice to be able to choose a skin,i particulaly like DD's skin on his last DW moded image.

HD skins and media player would be what id put at the top of my priority 'fix' list, but, that would be for other people

id like to see the Gstreamer libraries updated, python updated and the way the drive mapping is dealt with upon bootup, this is probably stuff i could learn to do myself as i (and everyone else) has access to the source code, but my lack of experience for now stops me from working out exactly how to

the latest image (2/2/11) does indeed have quite a few updates added to it (38 in total added to source) and roughly 25% of those are actual driver updates

but, looking at everything as a whole, theres only really the mediaplayer and HD skins left to sort out for the end user to have everything available to them :)

Does that mean no more 'Tune Failed' errors on some of the higher bit-rate channels?

I seem to be lucky ,i dont have many of the issues some of you have.I wish i could tell you why but i load images ,, wifi works , hdd (external) is recognised , pvr works if i dont try to be too clever with fast forwarding etc.My remote response is sometimes slower than my pressing buttons but i put that down to me.

I'm with you on this mate. My box has always been reasonably stable anyway and after the product recall my machine returned to me faster and even more stable. I can honestly say it has not crashed once since I got it back from TM. My Wi-Fi is perfect, it's super sensitive and picks up networks for streets away. My external 750Gb usb drive works great on all USB ports although it seems to detect my internal 100Gb drive when ever it feels like it, not a big problem to me but I'm sure those people that only have access to an internal drive would disagree.

I get the odd sluggish response from the remote, but I've yet to own a Linux box that didn't have it's moments of sluggishness, so IMO this comes with the territory.

What annoys me is that the entire world seems to have blanked the TM800. i logged onto the Pli website today to grab some channel settings (Rats is good, but I need more) in the E2 Settings section they list a load of E2 compatible machines but forget to mention the TM800.

Reading between the lines I'd say there's some underhand tactics at play here, to me it seems that some people are out to ruin this box before it's had a chance to shine. Either that or Technomate aren't doing enough to push it.

I'm with you on this mate. My box has always been reasonably stable anyway and after the product recall my machine returned to me faster and even more stable. I can honestly say it has not crashed once since I got it back from TM. My Wi-Fi is perfect, it's super sensitive and picks up networks for streets away. My external 750Gb usb drive works great on all USB ports although it seems to detect my internal 100Gb drive when ever it feels like it, not a big problem to me but I'm sure those people that only have access to an internal drive would disagree.

I get the odd sluggish response from the remote, but I've yet to own a Linux box that didn't have it's moments of sluggishness, so IMO this comes with the territory.

What annoys me is that the entire world seems to have blanked the TM800. i logged onto the Pli website today to grab some channel settings (Rats is good, but I need more) in the E2 Settings section they list a load of E2 compatible machines but forget to mention the TM800.

Reading between the lines I'd say there's some underhand tactics at play here, to me it seems that some people are out to ruin this box before it's had a chance to shine. Either that or Technomate aren't doing enough to push it.

ive found that to ensure your internal drive is always available, put some form of usb storage into the rear port, i use a 256mb SD card in an adaptor, and since then, the internal drive is always recognised at bootup, possible something small to fix, but easily worked around

since working out with the wifi to choose EITHER wpa OR wpa2 instead of the dual option, my wifi has been spot on every time

i also get the odd time when the remote refuses to work without having a good think about it first, but for me, the latest image seems to be the worst ive experienced it, hence the delay in a DW modified UR release

i think that once HD skins and media player are running within the images (which are so close its fustrating) the TM800 will shake some forums who so far have refused to see the potential, then when people start writing plugins designed specifically for the different file structure, itll really take off

If you want to be happy with your tm800 please read bellow

I do beta testing for tm800 and have full board tm800
---------------------
this is the way I test 02-02-11 and test has been 100% successful please do not use any other images use only UR for this test
Below testing is to give you confidence that there is nothing wrong with tm800 image and hard ware once you happy
download anything's you want but download them one at the time until you find what causing the problem
Many member are happy :Clap:and do not see any problem few not by doing below test I am sure you will be happy as I am happy and many more
---------------------------------
section one
In my experience with tm-800 if instruction fallowed as below there will not be any green screen or freezing or any other faults with image 02-02-11
-----------
1-Download by USB and get image from download centre only 02-02-11 not other places {it might be possible image has been corrupted by different means
2-Do full factory reset .
3-Fallow wizard and download default channel list {if hard disk or wifi leave it for after ignore at this moment }
4-Turn off from rear for one minute
5-Test all functions use c:lines test all channels motor as many functions as you can
when test completed and you are 100% fully satisfied there is nothing wrong no green screen or freezing
6-press on USB button to find hard disk and format it off/on from rear then test all PVR functions working perfect
7-use wifi setting .
8-If above has problem continues download 02-02-11 again by USB ..may be image was not downloaded properly,
---------------------------------------
section 2
why green screen or freezing or menu slow down or not working properly

1-when section one done after use delete channel list by pressing blue button once see menu press red button delete channel list download your channel list
play with receiver if any problem channel list is doing
--if all ok
2-download any plaguing one by one and test each time and add as last one did not show any problem
3-add any thing in add on one by one
4-if there is problem find out which add-on or plagins or any new entry created problem go back and start again.
5-adding cams channel list and more add on of any kind will create memory hung-up in the ram this will create problem
6-turn off/on from rear to dispose of collected ram
7-make sure signal is always above 80%
---------------
if above creating problem do factory rest and start from section one
--------------------------
as I know and test Linux boxes at least few hours a day I found out why some members getting problems
1-using different channel list from any Linux receivers expecting to work perfect {this is wrong if create problem then no point in using it }
2-Too many cams-add-on-skins Etc. have been saved this will slow down the receiver so delete what you do not want
3-do not download another channel list on the top of exciting one--delete first before scan or download
4-turn off tm800 from the back at least 2 or 3 times a week
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you have tm-800 with 100s of problems check first
1-check if jtag done
2-check for latest image 02-02-11
3-after download do as per section one.
----------------------
Image 02-02-11 is a total re vamp of all and it is totally different to past image for last few days over 1100 download done from download centre.
please take my advise and download this image from download centre it is the best till today and test result has been 100% ok :Clap::banana:

Internal HDD recognition would be my top priority. Even with the USB reader it sometimes does not detect the HDD (samsung 640gb). I found that if it waits at 27% for a while, it usually does not detect the HDD.

Media (divx etc) playback as posted by others
Navigation within recorded files
Youtube player would be lovely
If HD skins are not fixed soon, then disabling them until such time as they are fixed.

A very minor fix would be the volume buttons on the middle of the remote. I've tried the TM800 remote on a TM 500. These buttons operate the volume on a TM500 but not on the TM800. The only use I found was that during pvr playback, a long press allows us to select a place on the recording to jump to,although this freezes at times. Is there any way of finding out what the buttons on the remote are mapped to?

I want the media player to work.
I would like network mounts to work, I have fudged them up myself but would like a proper menu for it.

Not interested in hd skins as they are just cosmetic, i'm more interested in functionality more than gimmics to make it look pretty. To get it looking pretty while key functions don't work is like trying to polish poo.

Tried to download the cvs last night but it's not working, i'm unemployed again from 22nd so will have the time to play again, it would be nice if it was up again.

My box is stable I don't remember the last time it crashed on me but I bought it primarily for the media player which doesn't work. It's fine to watch tv but I could have paid less to just watch tv.

can we try hard to keep this thread on track :)

this is so TM/UR_ can see what the member wants fixed and in what order

come on lets get fixes put in this thread then they cant say they don't know what members want ;)

so far
Media/Network Mounts
HD Skins
HDD
Remote Response
seems to be creeping in too
to keep members happy

then they can work on other stuff that the coders have niggles with ?

Well I have noticed a problem where mg cam just disconnects and theres nothing I can do about restarting it other than reflashing image again to get it working then again after a few hours its will disconnect again. This is why I stuck with 9/1/11 image.

Back