Other What is the nickname for this box: Vu+ Solo Pro

gizmofreak

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I have just acquired a clone box: Vu+ Solo Pro.
I'm looking for some images for it but it seems as though I first need to work out the nickname for the box (ferrari / sunray etc) before I look for an image.

Can anyone tell me the name I should be looking under?
Hoping to find a vix Hades image so that I can use the Slyk1 skin.

Thanks for any input.

Thanks Suttsy, however I have no idea if the box is Solo2 / solo mini / solo2 SE / etc etc.
Also, reading my original post, I didn't mention that I already know this box is a CLONE.
I have attached some pics if this helps.IMG_8235a.jpgIMG_8236a.jpgIMG_8237a.jpg

You use clone images for vu solo.
From the site posted above.

again, Suttsy thanks for the reply.

I am a little hesitant as I heard these boxes can be bricked very easily. Does this one look right:

Capture.JPG

All images on that site are clone safe mate..the drivers are modified so box won't get time bombed/bricked...yes use the image you have selected and never ever do a image/online inbox update this will brick box...

Thank you both AJT and suttsy I will try the flash!
The version of OpenPLI currently on the box is from 2013 and the one I've just downloaded from site you gave me is from September 2015, so it'll be much newer which is great! Will take a backup before hand

oh nooooooooooooooooooo

I have just tried the flash using file from the screenshot (zip file called OpenPLi-4.0-beta-vusolo-20150109_usb.zip).

Copied the vuplus folder to a FAT32 formatted usb stick, turned box off put in usb and turned it on. The light went to light purple colour for a few mins, then red, then flashing blue, at which point I turned the box off, took the usb out and turned on again. Now all I get is blue light but NOTHING on screen totally blank.

Never fear I thought to myself, I have made a backup of the working (but ancient) Pli image that was already on the box. Tried flashing that working image back to the box, flash procedure seemed ok but same thing, after flash all I get is blue light and blank screen :-(

Please tell me I haven;t just bricked a working box?

Ouch! sounds like you removed the usb half way through the flash.
Try to flash it again with the download from the site I mentioned.
This time if it flashes, walk away for 15 mins, that way you can be sure the flash has finished.

Try this, if you havent got anywhere with the above!
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2000/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch! sounds like you removed the usb half way through the flash.
Try to flash it again with the download from the site I mentioned.
This time if it flashes, walk away for 15 mins, that way you can be sure the flash has finished.

Try this, if you havent got anywhere with the above!
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2000/

Dear suttsy

I have tried the image you have suggested in the link above. Left the box while the blue light was flashing for a good 15 mins. And yes it worked!! Channels all tuned in looking good!

Glad I don't have a bricked box - thank you so much!

This makes me curious though. Now that we know the box isn't bricked AND we have found a suitable image, can you now suggest a newer one? The one above is from May 2014 and thus quite old.

If not don't worry and thanks anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like your box is a V2 and not able to take newer images.
The only way around that is to upgrade the nand chip, but you could easily brick the box then.
There is a program to do this on the website I mentioned previously.
However, this is at your own risk & I'm not telling you to do this.
If your box is working then I would leave well alone.
Glad to hear you got it working again.:bbq:

Suttsy

Dear suttsy

I have tried the image you have suggested in the link above. Left the box while the blue light was flashing for a good 15 mins. And yes it worked!! Channels all tuned in looking good!

Glad I don't have a bricked box - thank you so much!

This makes me curious though. Now that we know the box isn't bricked AND we have found a suitable image, can you now suggest a newer one? The one above is from May 2014 and thus quite old.

If not don't worry and thanks anyway!

Just to provide some feedback here. I am in no way ballsy enough to try the nand chip upgrade, without even looking at the link you provided I judder at the thought of it.

I did however find an openvix image that seems to be reasonably well (not perfect)... in case anyone needs it's from here:

Software / Download / SOLO PRO_MAGICBOX

Thanks Suttsy and all those who helped.

Just to provide some feedback here. I am in no way ballsy enough to try the nand chip upgrade, without even looking at the link you provided I judder at the thought of it.

I did however find an openvix image that seems to be reasonably well (not perfect)... in case anyone needs it's from here:

Software / Download / SOLO PRO_MAGICBOX

Thanks Suttsy and all those who helped.

Those Majic box images will brick some clone you were lucky.

Id avice against trying them unless you have a majicbox clone.

Back