What is the difference between the various Solo2 clones ?

mickmc68

DW Regular
Reaction score
What is the difference between the various Solo2 clones ? They mostly look the same ect so it the bootloaders or what ?

Mick

There are some hardware differences such as the Sunray version has a plug n play flash chip easy to remove will later versions of it do.

If i were you the Sunray version is the only way to go but saying that the real solo 2 boxes are not that much more expensive than the clones.

Personally for the price difference id give the clones a miss and go genuine.

Hi Ferret thanks for your reply i was more wondering why we cant use all clone images on the boxes why just Sunray on Sunray ect

Mick

It's the built-in security chip I believe that may not like the clone-safe drivers from another clone manufacturer.

Odd few people have said their Solo2 SE can take images/drivers for Sunray but majority can't and to be honest if it can't it means you're stuck with Lonrison safe images and the only Lonrison clone-safe drivers there is are really old so images now could be unstable. In fact BlackHole 2.1.5 isn't compatible with Lonrison due to simple fact is Lonrison safe drivers are too old. This could be true of other images soon.

I would consider either Sunray (with detachable/independent flash chip) or original.

I.ll have to dig my Lonrison out of the cubbard and have a play about with it when i have a bit of time

Mick

I know someone who has both non and clone and they cant tell the difference.

Back