Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What engine?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
i need a new engine for my car, my one went BANG, in a big cloud of smoke, spewing hot oil, and engine parts all over the M4 yesterday afternoon.

the cars a 1997 BMW 318 iSE, but looking on ebay, it looks like i may be able to fit a 2.5L engine in there

could anyone help me out please as i dont want to buy an engine that wont fit, even if its still a 1.8

heres where ive been looking

bmw engine, BMW, Renault, Alfa Romeo items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

cheers peeps

Only a 2.5 liter?

That'll not pull the skin off a bowl of custard :)

What's the MPG for that beast??

10 ? ;)

Stick with the same size engine mate or you could end up changing the engine bay harness ecu ect to to get the thing to work.

ive had one quote so far from 247spares, who i have used before, for £246.75 delivered

ive had 2 quotes so far, and for £250 as above and one for £360

the places who have given quotes have the reg number of the car, but what questions should i ask to ensure i am buying the right engine? is there any numbers on the engine or the car? like a part number that covers the whole engine, i think its an E36 type car

a local garage said they would swap them over for £200, i was looking to spend around £500-600max getting this done, otherwise id scrap it, so with these 2 prices added together im happy enough to go for this, but dont want to end up with an engine that wont fit

but what questions should i ask to ensure i am buying the right engine? is there any numbers on the engine or the car? like a part number that covers the whole engine, i think its an E36 type car

I posted a link for the engine in post #3 ;)

Back