What engine?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i need a new engine for my car, my one went BANG, in a big cloud of smoke, spewing hot oil, and engine parts all over the M4 yesterday afternoon.

the cars a 1997 BMW 318 iSE, but looking on ebay, it looks like i may be able to fit a 2.5L engine in there

could anyone help me out please as i dont want to buy an engine that wont fit, even if its still a 1.8

heres where ive been looking

bmw engine, BMW, Renault, Alfa Romeo items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

cheers peeps

Only a 2.5 liter?

That'll not pull the skin off a bowl of custard :)

What's the MPG for that beast??

10 ? ;)

ive had one quote so far from 247spares, who i have used before, for £246.75 delivered

ive had 2 quotes so far, and for £250 as above and one for £360

the places who have given quotes have the reg number of the car, but what questions should i ask to ensure i am buying the right engine? is there any numbers on the engine or the car? like a part number that covers the whole engine, i think its an E36 type car

a local garage said they would swap them over for £200, i was looking to spend around £500-600max getting this done, otherwise id scrap it, so with these 2 prices added together im happy enough to go for this, but dont want to end up with an engine that wont fit

but what questions should i ask to ensure i am buying the right engine? is there any numbers on the engine or the car? like a part number that covers the whole engine, i think its an E36 type car

I posted a link for the engine in post #3 ;)

Back