what can i get of a standard dish

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
recently moved into a new flat it has no tv feed apart from a standard sky dish outside

So no normal tv ariel are cable are anything just the little black standard sky dish although there is plenty cable spare comming from it.

I only want free channels itv etc if its possible because its just a work flat close to the site where im working

so i get to go home at the weekends can I buy a free satalite receiver just to get some channels

Its not worth paying sky for a sub box as im hardly there any help are ideas

was just gonna stick a digi ariel in the loft with a freeview box but thought I might be able to get a free view sat box ??????????

never been into sat so any advice please lads

:proud:

go to currys/comets/doxins or argos, buy a 50 quid freesat receiver and plug it in, let it tune itself in and job done, 130+ channels for free

also, if you put in your home post code youll get you own regional news etc, no matter where in the UK you are ;)

go to currys/comets/doxins or argos, buy a 50 quid freesat receiver and plug it in, let it tune itself in and job done, 130+ channels for free

also, if you put in your home post code youll get you own regional news etc, no matter where in the UK you are ;)

Thanks for the reply digidude what free sat receiver should I look for are will any do baring in mind that when im finished work in this area i would like to take it home and try sorting a moto dish

:proud: always been into cable so new ground for me

just a quick hijack of the thread.

freesats,are they through cable or aireals? or neither?

the 130+ channels drawn my attention as i have freeview, can i put that co-ax i use into the freesat box or do i need a dish?

imo if i need a dish for free sat then i might aswell get a sat box for all the channels.

cheers

just a quick hijack of the thread.

freesats,are they through cable or aireals? or neither?

the 130+ channels drawn my attention as i have freeview, can i put that co-ax i use into the freesat box or do i need a dish?

imo if i need a dish for free sat then i might aswell get a sat box for all the channels.

cheers

DISH as in SLY normal little black mesh thing fixed in one direction nothing to do with cable m8 are normal terest (FREE SAT) just a box to pick up free satalite channels.

Are yous are spoiling my thread lads I wanted to find out whats the best free sat box to buy stop it lol :proud:

how come the germans get freesat without a dish must be the helmets

if you want a fancy EPG and pi$$ easy to use, then get a freesat box

this needs connecting to a dish pointed at astra2 (sky) for it to work, £50 for a standard one, £150 for a HD one and HD PVR ones due any time now

if youre looking to get into motorised when you get home, id recommend a technomate 5200USB super for about £60

this will pick up all the available free channels from sly, and is a fully patchable receiver that also has limited PVR functions, a brill intro to motorised satellite

technomate 5200USB super it is then thanks for the info digi dude problem sorted cheers :Cheers:

I use a dreambox 500-s, mainly for skynews as can't get it on cable, can also take it camping as have a small portable dish and an antenna for the tv is not practical with a trailer tent.

Also use it to stream films from the computer.

Back