What are these types of containers called, and where can I buy?

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
Seen countless of these thrown out but I'm looking for some for small tools etc.

1616713954917.png

Last edited:
I just googled plastic sleeve container or Telescopic-style plastic packaging

Avon 35MM Dia Red Plastic Tube 120-200MM Length (Pk-50) 5036140248311 | eBay
Maybe a bit cheaper here

Avon 20MM Dia Red Plastic Tube 80-120MM Length (Pk-50) | Zoro UK

How many do you need? I cant be 100% but we might have some at work as we order drill bits all the time,I will check Monday for you.

Not as many as 50 :). I already tried sleeve container on Amazon but nothing, didn't get as far as Google.

I was hoping somewhere would do a selection of them in one lot.

I'll get some dimensions of the stuff I'm wanting to put in them.

Was thinking of them for storing some of my lock picking tools (Mortice wires with handles, although there are lots of spiky things that need to be in containers) initially but I can utilise more :).

Would be good for storing Eurocylinder locks too, as they are all the same cross section dimensions but different lengths. Size and number of keys is variable though.

Last edited:
How about one of these. LINK Seems a bit dear for a box, saying that £3 of it is probably postage.

Do you know anyone who works in a manufacturer factory.
As a lot of cutting tools come in these containers. Where I used to work most of the tools came in these types of containers.
They either pulled apart or unscrewed. I still use one to store my jigsaw blades...
AF87738B-DB6B-4286-B762-A35F56454CCF.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you know anyone who works in a manufacturer factory.
As a lot of cutting tools come in these containers. Where I used to work most of the tools came in these types of containers.
They either pulled apart or unscrewed. I still use one to store my jigsaw blades...
View attachment 133853

Not now, and there is no production where I work now otherwise I'd probably been able to get some.

Mine is the green variety. Bit manufacturer/supplier was Cromwell Tools. Don't know what the container is called though but does seem to be primarily for machine tools.

IMG_1354.JPG

Back