what are my rights when returning a group of items?

suarez07

Inactive User
Reaction score
i bought the parts for a PC off ebuyer and when i received it set it all up i found out the motherboard was faulty i arranged for a replacement and when that arrived it was also faulty.

i arranged for a refund of the motherboard and went for a different one and also sent the processor off to ebuyer for testing to make sure that wasn't faulty ebuyer claim the processor is fine and sent me the 3rd motherboard Ive set it all up again and it still isn't working.

i rang them up and asked for a refund of the whole order and they refused to take the processor and memory back as it had been opened and was now classed as used even though they've not been used as the PC never worked.

can i use the sales of goods act to force them to refund the whole order even though only part of it is faulty as it all goes together?

if the goods aren't faulty, they're under no obligation to refund, as far as i'm aware.

BUT

how long have you had them? i'm sure there's something called 'distance selling' where u have 14 days to get a full return on items you bought over the net if you're not happy. i'm guessing however if you've had 3 motherboards it's been longer than that.

in what way faulty? what happens when you turn it on?

cheers for the suggestion ill try the jumper a bit later, when i turn it on nothing happens it wont turn on and it doesn't give any error beeps either , Ive tested the psu on another computer and it works fine

you attached the cpu power 4-8 pin plug as well as the 24 pin atx plug?

ive attached the extra 4 main pins and both the extra 4 pins labeled CPU 1 and CPU 2 on the psu

What are the fault symptoms?

Three mainboards faulty in a row seems unlikely.

Does the mainboard BIOS support the CPU?

Memory configured for correct speed?

If it's not the CMOS/BIOS jumper then I'll eat my hat.

(if I wore one).

Apart from a dead PSU, nothing else would cause the Motherboard to behave like this.

ive tired the memory and it still wont boot all the case wires are connected properly and the only jumper i can find is to clear the cmos and its as it should be is a gigabyte ga-ex58-ud3r motherboard with a i7 920 cpu

I was just joking about the wiring ;).

It would be strange if there were no beep-codes at all. That would usually point to the MB or PSU.

Is there any onboard graphics? Does the monitor come out of standby?

Back