What 3D TV?

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys so im looking to get a 3d tv as i got some cash and really want a 3d tv i have a budget of £400 i know it isnt much but very rare i have some spare cash.These are the two im looking at:

Finlux 42 Inch 3D TV, LCD, Full-HD 1080p, 2D-3D Upscaling, SRS Surround, PVR & Freeview (42F701) at Finlux Direct

LG 32LM3400 32in 3D Cinema TV - Televisions | Ebuyer.com

The first choice i choose was mainly cause it was a bigger set at 42" and the second choice was because it does everything what the first choice does plus its a well known make.

So what one would you choose? or if you have any other recommendations at a good price of £400 or below then let me know please all help is much appreciated as its my first step into the 3D world.

Many thanks in advance

A lot of experts say that 3D is best viewed at 46" or above so maybe keep reading up on it mate, or try gumtree I'm from Glasgow and seen a few on there last week with bigger screens and you're budget.

Ah ok thanks very much mate i shall keep on doing a bit of research as its deffo the next step in my tech setup.

Not answering the question but my ole man has a mint 46" Sammy 8 series 3D tv and as much as i love the t.v 3D is a waste of time. For me it's a step back from crisp HD 2D.

My opinion? Screw 3D, get the biggest set you can afford/accommodate.

prices are coming down because the 3D smart tv's with internet built in are all the rage, might be worth hanging on till the xmas sales and grabbing one cheap

Not answering the question but my ole man has a mint 46" Sammy 8 series 3D tv and as much as i love the t.v 3D is a waste of time. For me it's a step back from crisp HD 2D.

My opinion? Screw 3D, get the biggest set you can afford/accommodate.

Although I agree with get the biggest that fits your needs, I love my 3D LG LG 55LM760T Full HD 55" LED 3D TV - Free Delivery | Currys You can even put the dual play glasses on if someone does now want to watch 3D when others do as they convert the 3D picture to 2D ;)

I have samsung 46" 3D and have only used the 3D a few times Ryder cup or big premiership games and it is good, but you should put it into context and how often are you going to use it . do you have kids and if so will you also get 3D Blue Ray player as kids like the 3D and what glasses the the TV comes with Reactive or Active ( I Think ) and how many pair. As I said put it into context and you're actual need.

Although I agree with get the biggest that fits your needs, I love my 3D LG LG 55LM760T Full HD 55" LED 3D TV - Free Delivery | Currys You can even put the dual play glasses on if someone does now want to watch 3D when others do as they convert the 3D picture to 2D ;)

My 52" must sound tiny to you ;)

I see the price of the 70" Sharp is dropping nicely :)

It'll rear its ugly head again when the glasses less version arrives. That may be interesting but I'll wait and see.

Last edited:
I'm not going to even look for another tv for another couple of years at least. (Thats what I told the GF ) ;)

I would really like my own cinema room but thats never going to happen unless I win the lottery, the GF does not even like the sound too high now with the soundbar and I only got that as a compromise as she didnt fancy "surround sound"

As for 3d being dead, I am finding lots of stuff to download that I'm loving watching, I even bought a 3D video camera last night.
Gotta get rid of the redundancy money somehow... LOL

Back