Wet Shaving

fatspanner

Inactive User
Reaction score
I tried most of the disposable razors on the market and to be honest they're all a crock of shite. I don't care if its turbo, extreme, has 15 blades and a nose hair plucker they just don't seem to cut it.

So i'm thinking of having a go with one of the double edge safety blades. Anyone use one of these and what are they like?

I don't want to try the cut throat, i just have a vision of our lass finding me in the bathroom lay in 15 pints of blood, lol

I've shaved with them double bladed ones and i got to say they do give the prfessional and best shave but it takes too long and its very nervy.
Although in my personal opinion the gillette mach 3 (the orange one not the blue one) the certainly the best one i haveused. Not the vibratng one i dont see the point of the vibrator dont do anything. My face dont really agree with the electric shavers.
Nothing really beats a wet shave over a dry one.

I use a cut-throat razor to shape/shave my beard and have been using it since I starting shaving.

Nothing beats the clean shave and very close shave u get with a cut-throat!!!!

Initially it will take u quite a bit of time to shave, as mentioned you'll be nervous and trying to get to grips with it - but once u do it's plain sailing!

csblkrzr015.jpg

if your going for double edged don't be tempted by cheap blades use somthing like

Wilkinson Sword Classic Double Edge Razor and double edge blades.

10057058.jpg

£3.91 from Boots

I still use a gillette sensor, 10 blades for £7.99 at superdrug lasts me for ages

I bought phillips cool skin wet dry shaver 3 yrs ago and never looked back.
It took me a couple of weeks for skin to settle but would never go back to wet shaving again

My advice is to stay clear of cheap alternatives! I use a Gillette Sensor and normally have a decent shave.
Having a good razor is only half the battle though as you need to make sure you open the pore's before you shave (place a hot flannel over your face for a couple of minutes) and close your pores when your finished (cold flannel over the face).
Ideally have a shave after a steam/sauna you'll have the best shave ever!

I use a comb on my moustache.

Other than that mach3.

Oh, hide them from the missus.

I don't want to try the cut throat, i just have a vision of our lass finding me in the bathroom lay in 15 pints of blood, lol

If she finds 15 pints of blood then you've cut someone else's throat as well as your own !

I use a comb on my moustache.

Other than that mach3.

Oh, hide them from the missus.

your not kidding either!! I think it is best to have two good quality razors in the bathroom. One for each of you!!

If you want to save some money you can pass your used blades on to her so that she can do her legs etc with the used ones. You should find that she ends up with extra spare blades as she won't go through as many blades as you. Unless she does loads of shaving or is very hairy!!

This will eliminate the need for her to nick yours!!

How do I know this

I'm Scottish. I don't like wasting money

:Cheers:

Last edited:
I use the original Mach3 cant see me changing in the near future but my barber gives me a cut throat once a month and its much better

I think i'll give it a go, the blades seem cheap enough for the things.

Been looking around and theres even forums for wet shaving, lol. The people on it take it waaayyy to seriously. Like an art form.

Stuff like the shaving brushes are best when made from hair from round a badgers neck £40 -£100 quid. Fook that, give me one made from hair round a badgers arse for a £5 :)

Been using gillette contour swivel twin blades for a while now. Seems to do the job. Only use ths original replacement blades and not the s/market alternatives.

Back