West ham what A year.

jasperconran

Inactive User
Reaction score
looking back what a year for a westham fan like Me.. Time to grow my nails for next season.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R4DdR2-F7hI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R4DdR2-F7hI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

great escape? more like fluke escape if they didnt get that lucky 1-2 win at blackburn they would never have gone on that excellent run.

credit where its due West Ham did well!

You can't say anything about Tevez as West Ham were fined. I am glad they stayed up as they're a proper club with quality players.

Good luck for next season!!!

Imagine if the west ham players had put as much effort in the first three quarters of the season as they did in the last quarter of the season they would have probably been in europe next season. Just shows that players can up it when they're on the verge of the drop.

Now with Darren Bent joining in the next few days things are looking up!! 16 mil + Mullins.....

Watch this space.....

i'm pleased they stayed up as i quite like the hammers:)

but 16m for bent....if it's true which it might not be as it's only in 1 paper,you's would've been bumped.

and i think tevez will be away as inter milan are interested in him

Tis true mate will be confirmed in the next few days.....

do u have a link for Bent as he has been linked with many teams i personally don't rate Bent to highly he is average i think he is over hyped i'd rather have Defoe for around £12 million then Bent

£16m isn't that bad for a proven premiership goalscorer when you consider Liverpools record signing is £14.5m for Cisse and Arsenals is Reyes at £16m...68 appearances in the premiership with a poor team and he's scored 31 times

Not too sure regarding defo although both would of been decent signings for West ham...

Anyway remember where you heard this first...

All things going well, Benayoun will be at Liverpool by the end of the week.

You heard it here first.
;-)

Ha Ha Benayoun is contracted with West Ham for the next 2 years so I would be very surprised if he goes anywhere...

On his performances last year would not be too unhappy to see him go maybe a swap with Gerrard coming to us!!

All things going well, Benayoun will be at Liverpool by the end of the week.

You heard it here first.
;-)

It's out in the open now that a deal has been verbally agreed. I'm not sure exactly what role Rafa has in mind for Yossi, but it sounds like West Ham fans won't be too upset to see him go. He was one of those players who did well the first season up, then seemed to fade away last season. Maybe injuries hampered him.

i agree westham should have been deducted points for cheating , playing illegal players is wrong

i hope westham get relegated

i like westham and allways enjoy there youngsters that come through but cheating is cheating they deserve the chop

So many sour grapes on here!!! Perhaps people should look a little closer into this case and get a better understanding to what West ham actually have done wrong not what everyone is "Assuming" West ham have done wrong....

If everyone wants to listen to all the crap coming from Sheffiel utd then you will belive what they tell you..Roll on Monday/Tuesday when this whole situation is sorted then you will see..

Sheffield accept it..... You were relegated because you were poor over 38 games not because West ham did anything wrong

I used to like West Ham until they sacked Harry Redknapp, now I'm indifferent towards them. However, I follow Altrincham and can see similarities in the situation both clubs have been in recently. Altrincham bought a player from Accrington Stanley but didn't get some kind of international clearance from them. It's an admin thing that doesn't make any difference to anything on the pitch at all. However, Altrincham were deducted all the points they'd gained when he was playing (about 18). This lead to their relegation in the 2005/6 season. (As it happens other clubs went into administration which gave Altrincham a reprieve.)

What I see as unfair is that West Ham didn't have the same punishment for what appears to be a similarly technical issue. Is it anything to do with West Ham being a popular club with the FA I wonder? Did Sir Trevor Brooking have anything to say on the matter? I don't know, but I do believe if Sheffield United had done the same thing, they'd have had points deducted.

West Ham seem to have lost their way in recent years. Most people used to have a soft-spot for them, because they were a family club that brought through brilliant English talent, but now there's a lot of bitterness.

So many sour grapes on here!!! Perhaps people should look a little closer into this case and get a better understanding to what West ham actually have done wrong not what everyone is "Assuming" West ham have done wrong....

If everyone wants to listen to all the crap coming from Sheffiel utd then you will belive what they tell you..Roll on Monday/Tuesday when this whole situation is sorted then you will see..

Sheffield accept it..... You were relegated because you were poor over 38 games not because West ham did anything wrong

Spot on with the sour grapes.

I saw Sheffield Utd fans demonstaring at the House of Commons the other day. they were shouting

'we are premier league, we are premiere league'

LOL I was PMSL.

If you had said to Neil Warnock that you had to draw your last game in the league against Wigan at home to stay up he would have ripped your arm off.

West Hams 7 wins from 9 kept us up plus the double over Utd and Arsenal ofcourse...

At least the the Blades will be put out of their misery this week.

Back