Sensible Topic Well done Josh Taylor

HappyH

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought this was worth a mention as it's one hell of an achievement. Emulated his hero Ken Buchanan (what a fighter he was) & anybody that can go to America & deservedly take an American's belt to unify the division should get high praise. Smashing uppercut to deck Ramirez in the 7th 😲

HH.

(Anybody seen an nzb or torrent of just this fight, any I've seen have been the full card?)

A brilliant achievement but he did won't get the recognition for it.
Boxing is as much about money as it is in belts. You only have to look at the coverage those 2 YouTube prick brothers are getting and Mayweather circus.

It's in an embarrassing state. Joshua and Fury will face each other when no one gives a f##k similar to Pacquiao v Mayweather a damp squid of a fight.
I'm afraid Taylor will struggle if he steps up weight to face Crawford, Crawford is on another level

Made me seethe when Jake Paul commented that Tommy Fury can only hope for £100k for a fight whereas he can expect much more. He claims that he's at a higher level than Fury, ffs.
Both twats are making a mockery out of the sport. I want to see them being seriously schooled but the money machine isn't likely to allow that to happen.

I looked forward to the BJS / Canello fight and Taylors fight. Even though I like Fury he's slowly becoming a bit of a drone rambling on what he's gonna do and his gypsy magic dust (I think he means beak).

Boxings becoming more and more like the WWE TCL and I'm fed up waiting for decent fights to be matched up through different sanctioning bodies ruining the sport.
Crawford v Taylor has to happen same goes for Spencer Jr Pacquiao .
Although Pacquiao is clocking on in the style of Roberto Duran he still managed to school an unbeaten Thurman in his last fight so that will be an interesting contest.
Take Dillian Whyte, f**k me how long was he No1 contender?.
My son hit the nail on the head when he said this is why UFC is so big. There's no contractual differences, everyone's under the same roof and the best always end up meeting the best.

Boxing has gone for me, these Paul brothers need schooling and putting up in hospital by a top end boxer and as for Mayweather?, he needs to go play with he's toys in one of his mansions.

Give it 5 years the young ones will be saying:
May-who ??, its no longer the sport of gentlemen, its the sport of greed

Last edited:
A great achievement for Josh Taylor but moving up to fight Bud Crawford is gunna be the hardest fight of his career imo.
The Paul Bros have their day coming it just takes one decent boxer or striker from the UFC to be allowed to fight either one of them and it will lights out.

Those 2 youtubers need cleaning out. The people you need to blame is the idiots who pay to watch that sh*t.
I wouldn't watch it if it were free. Boxing needs cleaning up. Promoters need to collaborate, TV needs to follow suit.

There are some mouth watering fights out there but most we'll never see well, not till their in their late 30's.
I use to love the Sport but not anymore. Its abit like Prem football, spoilt for me by money.

The one thing I can't stand especially in the Prem is,
Diving/ faking injury. I just can't watch it anymore.
Bamford breaks clean through, gets tackled fouled in the box but decided to stay on he's feet stumbling but keeping his balance and no pen.
His own honesty cost him a pen.

Rant over, I'd sooner watch re runs of Ed China sorting out a RS 2000 sticking clutch

Those 2 TUBES need cleaning out. The people you need to blame is the idiots who pay to watch that sh*t.
I wouldn't watch it if it were free. Boxing needs cleaning up. Promoters need to collaborate, TV needs to follow suit.

There are some mouth watering fights out there but most we'll never see well, not till their in their late 30's.
I use to love the Sport but not anymore. Its abit like Prem football, spoilt for me by money.

The one thing I can't stand especially in the Prem is,
Diving/ faking injury. I just can't watch it anymore.
Bamford breaks clean through, gets tackled fouled in the box but decided to stay on he's feet stumbling but keeping his balance and no pen.
His own honesty cost him a pen.

Rant over, I'd sooner watch re runs of Ed China sorting out a RS 2000 sticking clutch

Fixed that for you. ;) 👍

Made me seethe when Jake Paul commented that Tommy Fury can only hope for £100k for a fight whereas he can expect much more. He claims that he's at a higher level than Fury, ffs.
Both twats are making a mockery out of the sport. I want to see them being seriously schooled but the money machine isn't likely to allow that to happen.
It may get to see it sooner than you think as Jake Paul is confirmed to fight Tyron Woodley, though not a boxer but an ex welterweight UFC champion with some real power. This will be Jake Paul’s toughest challenge...
‘Taking out the trash’: Ex-champ UFC Woodley taunts ‘b*tch’ Jake Paul after boxing bout confirmed for August

That a was a boxing tragedy. This is not the first time Premiro Boxing Promotions have been involved in a controversial decision.
Apparently there's rumours of a betting scandal last night but things won't change.
This is exactly why lots have turned to UFC. He should be forced by all boxing councils to an automatic rematch and those judges be removed from world title fights

That a was a boxing tragedy. This is not the first time Premiro Boxing Promotions have been involved in a controversial decision.
Apparently there's rumours of a betting scandal last night but things won't change.
This is exactly why lots have turned to UFC. He should be forced by all boxing councils to an automatic rematch and those judges be removed from world title fights
Top rank promoted that crock of sh*t

if anything i have seen worse decisions in UFC than boxing since they dont really have a scoring system. A guy literally has to kill a guy to get a 10-8 round.

I dont think the taylor vs catteral result was that bad. all the judges had it close like i did. Catteral didnt do anything in the later rounds and when rounds are close the judges are suppose to lean towards the Champ(Taylor).

It was a close fight but its about rounds not punches landed. Catteral landed 120 vs 73 for Taylor that doesnt mean anything as most of catterals could of came in the same round. Mayweather was a master at this he would make sure he would win 7 rounds clear and try to spoil and save energy for the others.

If you want to see some terrible scoring just look at Ray beltran vs Ricky Burns, Campbell Hatton last fight i think, One of the judges gave Mayweather vs Canelo fight a draw. Even the mexicans booed that score card.

if anything i have seen worse decisions in UFC than boxing since they dont really have a scoring system. A guy literally has to kill a guy to get a 10-8 round.

I dont think the taylor vs catteral result was that bad. all the judges had it close like i did. Catteral didnt do anything in the later rounds and when rounds are close the judges are suppose to lean towards the Champ(Taylor).

It was a close fight but its about rounds not punches landed. Catteral landed 120 vs 73 for Taylor that doesnt mean anything as most of catterals could of came in the same round. Mayweather was a master at this he would make sure he would win 7 rounds clear and try to spoil and save energy for the others.

If you want to see some terrible scoring just look at Ray beltran vs Ricky Burns, Campbell Hatton last fight i think, One of the judges gave Mayweather vs Canelo fight a draw. Even the mexicans booed that score card.
The UFC does have a scoring system which more complex but like in boxing you will have judges that don’t know how to use the scoring system correctly or are corrupt.

UFC Scoring System: How Are UFC Fights Scored?

The UFC does have a scoring system which more complex but like in boxing you will have judges that don’t know how to use the scoring system correctly or are corrupt.

UFC Scoring System: How Are UFC Fights Scored?
I dont consider that a scoring system. for example "A 10-8 round is given when one of the fighters had dominated the round, meaning he delivered significant blows, used grappling efficiently, and dominated the tempo of the fight." this is open to interpretation and you rarely see judges follow it.

They should have it more clear. for example if guy is taken down 5 times then he loses a point, if guy is knock down he loses a point. How many times do you see a UFC/MMA fight where they are just pinned against the cage for the fight or on top. there should be clear scoring for this as it show one fighter is dominate over another.

I dont consider that a scoring system. for example "A 10-8 round is given when one of the fighters had dominated the round, meaning he delivered significant blows, used grappling efficiently, and dominated the tempo of the fight." this is open to interpretation and you rarely see judges follow it.

They should have it more clear. for example if guy is taken down 5 times then he loses a point, if guy is knock down he loses a point. How many times do you see a UFC/MMA fight where they are just pinned against the cage for the fight or on top. there should be clear scoring for this as it show one fighter is dominate over another.
Don’t understand why you don’t understand that more aggression, more strikes landed, more takedowns win the fighter the round.
If a fighter is taken down five times and controlled more often than not he is loosing that round.
If a fighter pins another fighter to the cage and controls him for most of the round he wins the round. But it is unlikely the judge let’s a fighter pin another fighter to the cage for five minutes without advancement as he’s going to split them up and move them to the centre of the cage.
Some fights are very difficult to score on the fly and I will say again some of the judges can’t do their job right or are corrupt .

thanks for your response. I think you missing my point.

With the current scoring we could have very different scores depending on the judges and with only max 5 rounds there needs to be more black and white scoring.

For example lets say we have one fighter dominates another fighter for the whole round and knocks the other guy to the ground on one occasion. The scoring of the 3 judges could be very different. 1 could give that round 10-9, the next 10-8 and the next 10-7.

Now we have thats what i mean by open to interpretation there should be more set scoring rules as it does not allow such mixed scoring and reduces the possibilty of corruption and means more than likely we get the correct result. In a sport where there is so many different disciplines they need to have clearer scoring as it makes it fairer and will make the fights more exciting. While its a totally different sport than boxing it would be good to have more points deductions/awarded for things like knockdown, take downs etc.. these are not easy things to achieve hence why in other sports points are awarded/taken away when one achieves them.

For me the scoring system in the UFC is clear and you don’t see that many robberies tbh. It’s just when you get judges that can’t use the scoring system correctly or they have been bribed.
Also I think ex fighters could judge fights way better than some of the the current judges that are in the UFC.
10-7 rounds are rare and I think 10-8 should be given when you have dominated most of the round and 10-7 only if you have completely dominated and nearly finished your opponent in the round.
I think it’s just open to interpretation and you will always get judges that see things differently.
I think it’s very difficult to judge an MMA fight on the fly and it’s better when you actually rewatch a fight and break it down.
There is a lad on YouTube called The Weasel, he is great at breaking down fights and is good at showing clearly if someone was robbed or not.
Most UFC fighters always say you should never leave it to the judges anyway.

I don’t think there should be that many robberies in boxing as it is way easier to score to be honest.

Back