weird epg mistakes

buzzer

Staff member
Reaction score
i keep getting weird epg errors, where the wrong program is listed .

anyone any idea what could be causing this?

i'm sure my channel list is right as i rescanned last week...

if you look at SSP 1 on the image , its clearly wrong lol
1.JPG

but on the hd listing it's correct?

2.JPG

anyone have similar issues?

I get similar problems from time to time. Tried all the usual stuff to rectify it but haven't managed to solve it. It normally sorts itself out (for me anyway)

I haven't got cable so can't check mine but I would check things like (if you haven't already):-

update channel bouquets - are you using AutoBouquetsMaker or another bouquet for cable?
What is your source of epg - xmltv or epgrefresh (or via the menus)?

I would use, if you're not already, epgrefresh.

it happens on sky and cable bouquets, i used the autobouquet maker thats preinstalled on the image..

im using xmltv (i think) for the epg data, i had a few problems getting epg to work at all when i setup both tuners..

i will give epg refresh a try, thanks for the tip.. :)

im the same. i also dont get epg for a few channels. sky showcase channel 5 and a few others. i use ABM too, xmltv epg too.

does epg not refresh after it installs? i use a nightly download.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't got cable so can't check mine but I would check things like (if you haven't already):-

update channel bouquets - are you using AutoBouquetsMaker or another bouquet for cable?
What is your source of epg - xmltv or epgrefresh (or via the menus)?

I would use, if you're not already, epgrefresh.

what is epgrefresh?

For cable epg refresh is the best, crossepg for sat, epg refresh is in the feed on vix and atv image

For cable epg refresh is the best, crossepg for sat, epg refresh is in the feed on vix and atv image

so can i use both epg providers at the same time?

I read somewhere (can't find it now) but cable epg data is on a specific channel/data stream and you have to tune to this channel for a few minutes to obtain epg data.

epgrefresh you setup to tune to this channel at a specific time of your choosing to allow it to update epg.

Depending on image/image date, you maybe able to enable epg data download from menus but this method takes a bit longer and (I assume) requires a free tuner.

when i tune in to a channel with missing or wrong epg. the now and next fixes. not the 7 dauys epg.

when i tune in to a channel with missing or wrong epg. the now and next fixes. not the 7 dauys epg.

curious as to why its wrong
seems strange to me that most of works but with random mistakes?

Probably due to a last minute change in scheduling or your 7 day epg isn't accurate.

Try disabling xmltv for cable and using epgrefresh or turning on EPG data, if supported in image, within menus.

I have noticed the odd time when official box has wrong epg data but I think it's generally rare and in above case, it's likely due to using xmltv (internet) rather than data stream.

Its in the feeds plugin menu, green, extensions epg refresh,

Back