Wave 4

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

found this disc on my travels, hopefully a fixed f/w will sort this.

text taken from elsewhere:

The new Cars Race o Rama game disc contains a new video partition (Wave 4) Anyone with iXtreme firmware version 1.6 will need to use the activate.iso disc to enable booting of wave 4 games.

You can expect all games in the near future to be wave 4 (Modern Warfare 2 for example).

This does not affect people with 1.51 firmware

Wave.4.Loader.for.iXtreme.1.6

Cars Race-o-Rama-New Wave 4

If you have ix 1.6 you need to run "activate.iso" before you can boot any new game created/produced to disk after sept 22nd.

If you are on ix 1.51, yu are ok.

So basicly, you burn the ISO on a CD and you will need this to load Wave 4 games on 1.6.

so far this only needed for Cars Race-o-Rama but expect others to follow

that'll teach me to read other posts before i post things LOL

cheers m8.

So are we now waiting for new fw ?

Not up on all things xbox lol

hope new firmware will be soon have 4 360s in my house it will cause anarchy with boot disks lol

So I would guess were awaiting a new FW revision then. Bad times. lol. Lucky for me I am still 1.51.

So I would guess were awaiting a new FW revision then. Bad times. lol. Lucky for me I am still 1.51.

1.51 here also. From what I've been reading 1.6 is still more secure than 1.51 but I'm not going to upgrade until a new firmware includes auto booting of wave 4. Plus waiting on the supossed ban hammer which is supposedly starting next week.

Wave.4.Loader.for.iXtreme.1.6

Cars Race-o-Rama-New Wave 4

If you have ix 1.6 you need to run "activate.iso" before you can boot any new game created/produced to disk after sept 22nd.

If you are on ix 1.51, yu are ok.

So basicly, you burn the ISO on a CD and you will need this to load Wave 4 games on 1.6.

so far this only needed for Cars Race-o-Rama but expect others to follow

do i just burn this iso to a standard cd?

so if your on 1.51 your safe.. to play as it ignores the wave 4 and 3

do why ot just down grade rather then use a boot disk eh

Bad luck for 83850c users.

Id suggest, for those that dont do this often, to flash back to 1.51 and abgx your backups.

Wave 5 / 6 / X will annoy you like hell otherwise ;)

Bad luck for 83850c users.

Id suggest, for those that dont do this often, to flash back to 1.51 and abgx your backups.

Wave 5 / 6 / X will annoy you like hell otherwise ;)

Is 1.51 as safe as the newer one though mate ? I honestly dont know hence the question.

Just had mine updated i think lol

So does it look like Modern Warfare 2 is going to be wave 4 :(

Only one way to know ;)

It could be an exception to the 'eventual' authoring rule, it could be wave 3/4 ... We will not know until its ripped.

1.51 is 'potentially' riskier - it will boot Wave X hybrid backups.

1.51 with verified games only is effectively as safe.

1.6 was emant to be future proof and help follow strickter wave 3 comliance...
1.51 was a quick fix iirc for wave 3

1.6 was emant to be future proof and help follow strickter wave 3 comliance...
1.51 was a quick fix iirc for wave 3

Never future proof ;)

Otherwise, yeah 1.51 was a quick fix for everyone, 1.6 locked it back down, hence why wave 4 wont boot.

Activate.iso was made for this, so you can play Wave 4 verified games on 1.6 while c4 wrote the new f/w

It takes a while, need to collate / verify lots of new games.

Back