Watch Out For This Scam

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
Watch out for this going on, my friends mother got burgled on Thursday.
this guy was knoocking on peoples doors asking if they want they front garden cleaned up. one garden was blocked paved and only had about half a black sack of leaves in the garden, basically just knoocking to see who was in or not. he smashed the glass of the front door and got in. Ransacked through the bedrooms, took the jewerely. Left the flat in screen in bedroom and 32" flat in front room, don't think he had a van or got disturbed...but anyway, watch out for people knocking on doors.

Watch out for this going on, my friends mother got burgled on Thursday.
this guy was knoocking on peoples doors asking if they want they front garden cleaned up. one garden was blocked paved and only had about half a black sack of leaves in the garden, basically just knoocking to see who was in or not. he smashed the glass of the front door and got in. Ransacked through the bedrooms, took the jewerely. Left the flat in screen in bedroom and 32" flat in front room, don't think he had a van or got disturbed...but anyway, watch out for people knocking on doors.

do you know where about this happened...Scary stuff...

Now is the season of the "Spring Clean" - My aunt got done by the same scam 2 years ago.. The old bill said it was probably some gypo's.. Ok I'm gonna let you all in on a tip.. Get a dummy ADT box from that big auction site.. it makes theives think twice when they see it.

Now is the season of the "Spring Clean" - My aunt got done by the same scam 2 years ago.. The old bill said it was probably some gypo's.. Ok I'm gonna let you all in on a tip.. Get a dummy ADT box from that big auction site.. it makes theives think twice when they see it.

forget dummy, i think everyone should have an House alarm of some sort these days

this world ain't what it used to be :(

alarms no good where i live if they are activated and keep on going then they nobodys in and break in anyway.You can't beat a dog.

The law is no help, you get a dog and it attacks a no good thieving rat, you get done for keeping a dangerous animal. You try and stop him, you got ABH, he injures himself in your home, you got counter claim coming.go figure.

Best to politely invite him in give him a cup of tea and point out where stuff is and ask would he like hlep with carrying it out you hard earned possessions.

The law is no help, you get a dog and it attacks a no good thieving rat, you get done for keeping a dangerous animal. You try and stop him, you got ABH, he injures himself in your home, you got counter claim coming.go figure.

Best to politely invite him in give him a cup of tea and point out where stuff is and ask would he like hlep with carrying it out you hard earned possessions.

your right , damned if you do, damned if you dont. my brother some years back was burgled. they were on hols at time , the fekkin thieves loaded everything up at front door to take , all usual tv's video machines (in them days) etc . but then couldnt undo the door cos special locks on . so had to get out thru window they got in with just a few bitsa jewellry. kinda lucky i spose, but maybe good locks an things would help in some way xx but really, if they want it they'll take it xx

Think about it......., if you are lucky enough to catch a low life in your house carrying your tv or sniffing your girls used frillies, then simply ratchet strap him to something solid ie a good sturdy chair and ducktape his trap shut.

Call a couple of your mates round and ask them to bring their bolt cutters and any metal bars or pipes they might have lying about.

"re-educate" by whatever means you see fit and after the "lesson" simply kick him into the street, no cops.... waste of time anyway...

Job done

do you know where about this happened...Scary stuff...

SE London, he was of general smartish kinda dressed, well, he had trousers and shoes on, not the type of person that is ready to start clearing ur garden..

SE London, he was of general smartish kinda dressed, well, he had trousers and shoes on, not the type of person that is ready to start clearing ur garden..

Well that is a bit of a giveaway anyhow lol

Thanks for the heads up ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of years ago a bloke in blue overalls knocked on the door and asked if he could check the water from the tap, 'cos he was working on the water pipes up the road.

Without thinking, I let him in. When he went I thought I must be a pillock, he could have been anybody and my wife and kids might have been there on their own.

We are too trusting in this country.

alarms no good where i live if they are activated and keep on going then they nobodys in and break in anyway.You can't beat a dog.

Amen to that brother, a nice big 50kg Rottweiler seems to do the trick for me. He even hears a noise and the bark stops people driving up my street as he dont like strangers.

i had to install a camera on my house as my shed kept getting broke into an my car vandalised.
since then had no problems it motion detects and start recording not expensive either on ebay

i had to install a camera on my house as my shed kept getting broke into an my car vandalised.
since then had no problems it motion detects and start recording not expensive either on ebay

can you link me to the camera you have mate?

what does it record to? Pc or standalone recorder?

thanks!

it record to a mini memory card like what a phone uses will post link in a minute have to find it first

heres the item number on ebay for the motion detector and recorder
Item number: 270228435031

and then you just buy a camera something like this
Item number: 370042306519

you can get them cheaper around ebay but the better quality your camera the better he recorded image

Back