Warning surrey pet supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all a word of warning to anyone wanting to use this company.

I have spent hundreds with these guys over the year for my reptile setups. Ive had very little issues with them apart form stock issues. There is no stock sytem in place and they do not take items off sale if they are out of stock. You get your order eventualy but ive only ever had things arrive next day once or twice out of about 5 or 6 orders.

My last two orders have been nothing short of a nightmare!

I ordered a setup for my yemen cham, it included an xl repti breeze screen cage. This arrived in a right state the box was damaged, the cage was scratched, scuffed and dinted. There were pulls in the wire mesh and the whole thing was filthy. The screw heads were chewed up and the stickers that aid in setup were all peeled off leaving behind just the sticky residue. It was obvious that this was used and indeed second hand and yet it was sold to me at full price.

I eventualy recieved a discount of a poxy 10% not much off a second hand item im sure you will agree. They did offer to collect the cage and send me a new one but that was not practical as i had the chameleon coming the same day. The fact is it should not have been sent to me in the first place.

I decided to place my trust in them one last time and placed an order for some more bits including a £44.95 Habba Mist misting system. This system is supposed to produce a fine mist forproviding both humidity and drinking water for the reptile in the enclosure. I took the system out of the box and set it up over the sink. The machine was supplied with a 2 pin US plug!? Which meant my only option was to use batteries. Luckily the system had this facility other wise i would not have been able to use it at all considering my plugs in the uk seem to have 3 pins wierd huh?

So with the machine set up and full of water i proceeded to test it i used the remote nozzle (nozzle on a tube) as this was the nozzle that i would use in the vivarium. The water that sprayed out was puny i was sure it was just as the machine filled itself or dispelled the air or something. It was spray out water rather like those cheap hand held squirt guns you can buy no were near a MIST. The pump was incredibly noisy and definatly seemed to lack the power needed to produce a fine spray. I decided to try the adjusment tap on the top to allow more water through, this then started to leak. That was enough for me so i emptied out the unit and packed it up. I filled in a returns request on surrey pet supplies website explaining the issues. They accepted this request and i had to send the system back at a cost of £7.19. This was on the thursday. A courier collected it on the tuesday and it arrived with surrey pet supplies on the wednesday.

This is were it turns sour. They said they had tested the machine infront of a rep (surrey pets seem to think it is the suppliers responsibilty not theirs as the seller) and concluded that the item worked and it did not leak. I phoned them to explain in more detail. They dug their heels in and plain refused me a refund. I qouted the sale of goods act 1979 as amended and said that the unit was not fit for purpose nor was it as advertised. They totaly disregarded it and said that the item was used!? How would i know it didn't work with out using it? They also said it had leaked and ruined the packaging! 1. They said it does not leak on the phone 2. I sent the unit back empty! Besides none of that matters under the sale of goods act anyway.

My case has now been refered to my local trading standards dept who are contacting me in the next 5 days. I will fight this all the way to small claims court if i have to.

I iwsh i had done my research better as there are hundreds of reviews about the habba mist on the net not one of them is good. There are also lot's of reviews about surrey pet supplies stating that the customer service is terrible, and that their returns policy is even worse.

Surrey Pet Supplies

Surrey Pet Supplies - www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk Reviews | Online Pet Shops | Review Centre

Surrey Pet Supplies - Walton-on-Thames - Walton On Thames, Surrey

I can't link to other forums but take a look at the numerous threads about them over on RFUK.

I can't stop you ordering from this company but i can warn you. In my opinion their cheap prices are the only good thing. Pay a bit more for good service else were and save your self stress and hassle. This is the only company that i have ever had trouble getting a refund from especialy considering that this item does not comply with the sales of goods act.

Ive used them 3 times and they have been pretty good tbh, I even took a trip to there shop in surrey as I was close once
I have read the horror stories though that people have had bad experiences :(

thing is they are so bloody cheap lol

Ive used them 3 times and they have been pretty good tbh, I even took a trip to there shop in surrey as I was close once
I have read the horror stories though that people have had bad experiences :(

thing is they are so bloody cheap lol

I think it is one of those companys were you don't have problems untill you need to return something. Well apart from the stock issues and them sending out used goods as new.

You already have them on selling the Item without a BS Standard 2 to 3 pin adaptor,

Well that sucks big time mate, hope you get a result mate. I personally would go down and kick the blokes head in ;) but thats going to get you nowhere so don't do that.

You already have them on selling the Item without a BS Standard 2 to 3 pin adaptor,

Thats what i thought m8. I have never known a company so reluctant to give a refund even when there are such obvious breaches of the sale of goods act. They even said to me we can not resell it as the packaging is damaged but it was ok for them to send me a used and abused viv at full price!

Post there email address and well all start flooding them with emails. I hate companies like this, just simple courtesy and customer service and everyone is happy win win. Crazy people.

Post there email address and well all start flooding them with emails. I hate companies like this, just simple courtesy and customer service and everyone is happy win win. Crazy people.

To be honest i don't want anything more than what im entitled to buddy.

Hi all a word of warning to anyone wanting to use this company.

I have spent hundreds with these guys over the year for my reptile setups. Ive had very little issues with them apart form stock issues. There is no stock sytem in place and they do not take items off sale if they are out of stock. You get your order eventualy but ive only ever had things arrive next day once or twice out of about 5 or 6 orders.

My last two orders have been nothing short of a nightmare!

I ordered a setup for my yemen cham, it included an xl repti breeze screen cage. This arrived in a right state the box was damaged, the cage was scratched, scuffed and dinted. There were pulls in the wire mesh and the whole thing was filthy. The screw heads were chewed up and the stickers that aid in setup were all peeled off leaving behind just the sticky residue. It was obvious that this was used and indeed second hand and yet it was sold to me at full price.

I eventualy recieved a discount of a poxy 10% not much off a second hand item im sure you will agree. They did offer to collect the cage and send me a new one but that was not practical as i had the chameleon coming the same day. The fact is it should not have been sent to me in the first place.

I decided to place my trust in them one last time and placed an order for some more bits including a £44.95 Habba Mist misting system. This system is supposed to produce a fine mist forproviding both humidity and drinking water for the reptile in the enclosure. I took the system out of the box and set it up over the sink. The machine was supplied with a 2 pin US plug!? Which meant my only option was to use batteries. Luckily the system had this facility other wise i would not have been able to use it at all considering my plugs in the uk seem to have 3 pins wierd huh?

So with the machine set up and full of water i proceeded to test it i used the remote nozzle (nozzle on a tube) as this was the nozzle that i would use in the vivarium. The water that sprayed out was puny i was sure it was just as the machine filled itself or dispelled the air or something. It was spray out water rather like those cheap hand held squirt guns you can buy no were near a MIST. The pump was incredibly noisy and definatly seemed to lack the power needed to produce a fine spray. I decided to try the adjusment tap on the top to allow more water through, this then started to leak. That was enough for me so i emptied out the unit and packed it up. I filled in a returns request on surrey pet supplies website explaining the issues. They accepted this request and i had to send the system back at a cost of £7.19. This was on the thursday. A courier collected it on the tuesday and it arrived with surrey pet supplies on the wednesday.

This is were it turns sour. They said they had tested the machine infront of a rep (surrey pets seem to think it is the suppliers responsibilty not theirs as the seller) and concluded that the item worked and it did not leak. I phoned them to explain in more detail. They dug their heels in and plain refused me a refund. I qouted the sale of goods act 1979 as amended and said that the unit was not fit for purpose nor was it as advertised. They totaly disregarded it and said that the item was used!? How would i know it didn't work with out using it? They also said it had leaked and ruined the packaging! 1. They said it does not leak on the phone 2. I sent the unit back empty! Besides none of that matters under the sale of goods act anyway.

My case has now been refered to my local trading standards dept who are contacting me in the next 5 days. I will fight this all the way to small claims court if i have to.

I iwsh i had done my research better as there are hundreds of reviews about the habba mist on the net not one of them is good. There are also lot's of reviews about surrey pet supplies stating that the customer service is terrible, and that their returns policy is even worse.

Surrey Pet Supplies

Surrey Pet Supplies - [url]www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk Reviews | Online Pet Shops | Review Centre[/url]

Surrey Pet Supplies - Walton-on-Thames - Walton On Thames, Surrey

I can't link to other forums but take a look at the numerous threads about them over on RFUK.

I can't stop you ordering from this company but i can warn you. In my opinion their cheap prices are the only good thing. Pay a bit more for good service else were and save your self stress and hassle. This is the only company that i have ever had trouble getting a refund from especialy considering that this item does not comply with the sales of goods act.

The reptibreeze cage which you recieved should not have gone out and when you rang up to tell us about it we offered to replace it for you which you said you had an animal already in it so we gave you 10% off and refunded it straight back to you.
As for the Habba Mist both us and the suppliers can not find anything wrong with it and they all come with euro plug but should have adapter in the box for UK.
I appreciate that your box never had this but you never called us or emailed us when you got the product to notify us of this the only time we found out was when you made your complaint about product to ella our customer services lady.
I am quite happy for people to look at the posts on RFUK about us as they will see that the vast amount of people are both happy with the service and products that we provide.
I am sorry that this has not been the case for you and a refund of £52.17 has been made today to your PayPal account.

Mark
Co owner

We do offer customer service to all our customers but on this occasion both us and the suppliers could find no fault with the product but the customer has been refunded.

We do offer customer service to all our customers but on this occasion both us and the suppliers could find no fault with the product but the customer has been refunded.

Even so, if it does not perform as expected or described then its not as advertised.... it does seem from have a quick google, the vast majory of reliable reviews are that it is very poor.

Credit for posting on here, but better CS in the first place is the treatment rather than following up posts for a cure.

Looking forward to the response from original op, Just a matter of interest mark how did you hear about the thread here.

tbh i hope mark sticks about and has not just joined to answer the op remarks
@mark you might learn summit new and get some new customers
as long as the after sales services is ok lol

Mark is correct i have indeed recieved a full refund including return postage. However it should not have been as stressfull and difficult as it has been.

We have a family run bussiness, a garage. We recently had a customer in for a new 3 piece clutch. After a week he came in complaining that the release bearing was noisey. We road tested the car there and then and found him to be correct. We had the car in the next day for a brand new 3 piece clutch at cost to us and got him back on the road. It was only then that we put in a warranty claim with the supplier 4 months later the supplier is still dragging their heals and we as a business stand to loose money on it.

The important thing is that our customer was happy and had his problem resolved quickly without issue. We know that by doing this he will return to us in the future.

Im not telling anyone not to use surrey pet supplies, im just giving a caution so that people can make up their own minds.

What you will find mark is that this forum will not tolerate only one side of the story they allow both sides to be aired.

Last edited:
probably be lucky to even get a reply off him now mate, aslong as ya got ya refund for it!

Mark is correct i have indeed recieved a full refund including return postage. However it should not have been as stressfull and difficult as it has been.

We have a family run bussiness, a garage. We recently had a customer in for a new 3 piece clutch. After a week he came in complaining that the release bearing was noisey. We road tested the car there and then and found him to be correct. We had the car in the next day for a brand new 3 piece clutch at cost to us and got him back on the road. It was only then that we put in a warranty claim with the supplier 4 months later the supplier is still dragging their heals and we as a business stand to loose money on it.

The important thing is that our customer was happy and had his problem resolved quickly without issue. We know that by doing this he will return to us in the future.

Im not telling anyone not to use surrey pet supplies, im just giving a caution so that people can make up their own minds.

What you will find mark is that this forum will not tolerate only one side of the story they allow both sides to be aired.

Obviously our service and cusomer service is not that bad as you have placed another order with us this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back