Warning >>>>Image 23-03-2012 Need swap file Manager

what image are you using ? (date)

2012-03-23 (as in this thread). I needed to upgrade it because I bricked the system when running the shipped 2012-03-08, after trying to cure an EPG problem (didn't handle BST change too well!). I deleted the EPG.dat file and the system would no longer boot up! :)

you have to unplug the HDD to get the box to boot ? otherwise it green screens ?

Not always, Rat. Just if the system has seemed to freeze up, or has become unresponsive, and hence needs a forced shutdown and restart (using power button on the box). Used to happen quite a bit on the original 2912-03-08 image, but the box is now a LOT more stable on 2012-03-23 so it's been worth it so far.

that's good then mate :)

I'm sure the next release will be much better from what I've heard, tbh I'm hearing good reports so fingers crossed :)

Currently the best image to use is 29/03/12 its worth reflashing. Doesnt take long to transfer picons and channel list. EPG can be set to save directly to usb. Job should be a good'en.

is 29th a public release though bally ;) I think thats beta mate

I just looked on the download centre

Im very supprised there is no image available to download at all :err:

say someone needs a re-flash, there is no image for user to get from download centre

Currently the best image to use is 29/03/12 its worth reflashing. Doesnt take long to transfer picons and channel list. EPG can be set to save directly to usb. Job should be a good'en.

Bally12345, where does one get that image? I got my 2012-03-23 from here Technomate software online, thinking it was an official release, but I don't think it is (can't quite work out *who* is behind that site, actually!).

I just looked on the download centre

Im very supprised there is no image available to download at all :err:

say someone needs a re-flash, there is no image for user to get from download centre

Rat, what download centre are you going to? Is there an official Technomate-owned/run one, or are you taking about a DW one?

The following is TM's official one h p://download.for-better.biz/bbs/main.php You won't find an image for Twin just yet. The one you posted is Digidude's one.

I doubt that that any are official TM sites as other files carry keys that are on there.
Files should be hosted on DW, not links taking you to other sites etc.

what would be a better idea would be specified download sections for the various receivers be they DM, Vu, TM or what ever. at the moment it is rather like a Easter egg hunt to find content on the forum as it's hidden amongst regular posts etc.

Back