Wake pc from sleep mode

icemen

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi

Running windows 7 ulimate.
I think kids have put the pc into sleep mode from the button on the keyboard, a logitech k70 solar powered.
Now when i power on i hear the fan going but then nothing black screen.

I tried power down restart.
Removed 1 memory stick and powered on.
Tried to input windows 7 disc.
Even disconnected power to hard drive.

Still just get black screen with everything i tried above, wont come to life.
Screen showing going into power save mode.

Any help or advise?
Thankz
Ice

try booting into safe mode ?

Starting windows in Safe Mode is an excellent next step when starting Windows normally is not possible. Safe Mode only starts the most important Windows 7 processes so, depending on the problem you're having, you might be able to troubleshoot or even fix the problem from here.

To begin entering Windows 7 Safe Mode, turn on or redtart your pc.

Just before the Windows 7 splash screen shown above appears, press the F8 key to enter Advanced boot options

No I get nothing just black screen? get the beep that's it
F8 button does nothing, like its in sleep mode but just can't wake it?

Going to be a RAM or PSU problem by the sounds of it. Remove the power from DVD drives and extra devices that you don't need and just leave the Hdrive, mouse, Kboard and monitor plugged in and see if makes a difference.
How many sticks on RAM have you got? Take them all out except one and then just keep swapping them only leaving one in.

Just get the 1 beep but sometimes doesnt beep at all. Havent tried monitor on anything else. Will try above when i get home later tonight and post back

1 beep normally means its ok as that could be the post beep.
Have you pulled the plug from the wall and left it for 5 - 10 mins and then tried again?

@iceman try another psu had a similar problem a bit back.would not wake up,would boot but black screen but fans dvd writer etc working but no keyboard/mouse lighting up . New PSU fixed it.

Not getting no beeb now. Tried disconnecting dvds only hard drive monitor keyboard mouse. Still nothing. Removed all memony then get constant beeb beeb beeb but when i enter 1 stick nothing. Tried 4 different sticks. Keyboard is usb and mouse lights up.

No psu
Im not going to throw no money at this pc anymore. Its over 5 years old now. Core duo cpu radeon 6780 gpu and 8gb corsair ddr3 ram.
I want to build my own first pc.
With the below wish list what budget you think i get it done with.
I7 cpu pref intel
A good decent motherboard
Nvidia 960 gpu
16gb corsair vengence ddr4
A good fan cooler for the cpu as im not like the liquid cooling as could leak.
A decent case but fancy lights or anything
I already got
Corsair 750 psu
250 ssd hypertec
1tb hdd

I dont want to spend over £600
I would love some expert advise on which set up to go for.
A copper cpu cooler i think its corsair. A big copper head with a fan inside it.

I can post in different section of the forum if thats whats required
Thanks
Ice

Back