VW heater problems

hairy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all
im after some advice i have a vw bora and the heater resister keeps blowing ~(4 time in a year), now im stuck on wot to do next ???
cheers hairy

yeah i payed a garage twice @£45 per hour greedy rats it takes to minutes , the other thing is could it be the blower it's self im not sure on that and i don't wont to take the glove box out to change it and find that it's not that ??

is it just the resistor that keeps blowing or the fuse too? and have you noticed anything happening on a regular occurance prior to it blowing

yeah mate its just the resistor only (no fuse popping) nothing unusual happenig ive bought another 2 if the next 1 goes in going to try the blower itself, the year of the car is a 2004 with 65 grand on it only used twice a wk if it's lucky . i have heard it's unusual for it to blow that many time and that it could be the heater blower it's not spinning correctly ( worn fan ) but any advice is welcome as it 's doing my head in
thanks for getting back to me
cheers hairy

are the new resister patern part or genuine? just a guess really but cant see why it would keep happening unless bad connection or short somewhere.

Out of interest anything else like bulbs blowing ?? what about volatge check ?

Back