vw golf turning over to much

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, in the last week my car is having trouble starting, I own a golf mk5 1.9 tdi, it seems to take forever to start the engine, there is no battery drain etc.

I went to vw regarding a different matter and told the engineer about my problem, he lifted the rear drivers side seat and ask my to start the engine, he said there was clicking noise coming from it so he believes its a faulty fuel pump/sender, can anyone confirm that this is the problem, he told me it is taking longer for the fuel to reach the engine hence a longer starting time?

One more thing is my horn lol, i have posted about it, water got into it, dont know how so a new one is needed.

Thanks

sound like heater plugs to me mate first sign there not working is when it gets cold like it bin over the last week

would that relate to a judder feel i get when starting to move off from stationary?

it may be a faulty non return valve, causing the fuel to drain back to the tank instead of being held ready to go straight to the injectors. it is a common problem with vauxhalls, maybe the same with vw's.
is it when the car has been turned off for a while ?

it wont be glow plugs,your engine is a direct injection engine,there are a number of common faults with these engines,
ECU Temperature sensor is a very common fault that will cause problems,there are only about £25 for a new one.
have the car put on a code reader to check any fault codes.
The fuel pump is a possibility but i wouldn't like to say without hearing it myself.

easy to diagnose fuel pump in tank make sure car has less than a quarter tank of fuel ,get in car and turn ignition on

you should hear the rush of fuel from the back , if you dont then its goosed

there is a few different types of this fuel pump

easy job to do half an hour max

just get part no of pump top first

which is under the back seat
with 3 screws to remove top cover

how do i know ?

i part own an independant vw/ audi garage

Back