VU+Solo2 Image boot speed test..

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Openvix 163 v openatv 5.0 using genuine VU+solo2.

I was twiddling my thumbs this arvo so upon seeing that the new openatv 5.0 image had been posted by Bobby123 i decided to have a tinkle..
I have read in many places that openatv was a quicker image than vix so off i went.

Okay first off i tested openvix boot time from power off to freesat channel picture was 49.4 seconds
Then flashed openAtv 5.0 same set up same plugins boot time from power off to same freesat channel picture was 54.7 seconds.

Openvix and openatv channel zapping times using freesat channels were identical around a second
menu navigation in openatv 5.0 i found ever so slightly quicker than openvix 163 but really would not be a noticeable difference to the general user.

Image/box complete set up was a lot quicker for me using openvix as opposed to openatv and both images and set up procedures are equally well known to me.

All this is me being bored but saying that for a seasoned user of both images openvix performed mostly quicker for me,But i will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

You must have been really bored lol.

Would you say that was a fair test?

OpenATV 5 is only a preview and i'm guessing is possibly using the new OE-A core which OpenVix is still testing at this time but is coming soon.

Wouldn't a fairer test be OpenVix 163 and OpenATV 4.2 which would be of comparable build imho.

I have just uploaded OpenATV 5 for Sunray clone use, actually.

I personally prefer OpenVix myself as I find it easier to use.

You must have been really bored lol.

Would you say that was a fair test?

OpenATV 5 is only a preview and i'm guessing is possibly using the new OE-A core which OpenVix is still testing at this time but is coming soon.

Wouldn't a fairer test be OpenVix 163 and OpenATV 4.2 which would be of comparable build imho.

I have just uploaded OpenATV 5 for Sunray clone use, actually.

I personally prefer OpenVix myself as I find it easier to use.

Well there maybe users who don't know and would like too..
Yes 5.0 is using new OE-A core

I done a similar test and atv 4.1 seemed the quickest at boot times, zapping, loading plugings ect but i do like vix for the solo2 clone but only because i cant find atv clone safe

I wonder if Vix was quicker because I don't think Vix includes as many plugins as standard than atv.

I say this as someone on WoS posted they liked Vix because they don't generally bloat it with all stuff/plugins which may not be needed. Obviously, the more plugins/stuff added to the default image adds to the loading time of that image.

I wonder if Vix was quicker because I don't think Vix includes as many plugins as standard than atv.

I say this as someone on WoS posted they liked Vix because they don't generally bloat it with all stuff/plugins which may not be needed. Obviously, the more plugins/stuff added to the default image adds to the loading time of that image.

Yes no doubt a possibility..mind you I only used the same plugins on both images removing everything I don't need bar the preinstalled plugins that I could not remove from ATV.

Well there maybe users who don't know and would like too..
Yes 5.0 is using new OE-A core

Does this new core effect also on Booting speed of solo 2, I think it will slow down ?

Back