vu solo2 clone wont boot up

scs111

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all
I have a solo2 clone here that belongs to a friend he turned it on yesterday and it only goes as far as the blackhole blue boot up screen no spinner appears in top left and it says vusolo2 in vfd display.

He has brought it around to me this morning and I tried flashing it with a couple of clone safe images it seems to take the flash ok going by the vfd display and then it boots up to the boot up screen for each image that i have tried on the tv screen but that's as far as it goes.

Also using dcc it connects to box ok but no files are showing in left panel on dcc for any image that I tried

Any one had any faults like this before on solo2 clone or know the cause or how to fix or if it can even be fixed.

This box has been running the bh image that it come with for 5 months now and this is the first times its done this

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

Hello all
I have a solo2 clone here that belongs to a friend he turned it on yesterday and it only goes as far as the blackhole blue boot up screen no spinner appears in top left and it says vusolo2 in vfd display.

He has brought it around to me this morning and I tried flashing it with a couple of clone safe images it seems to take the flash ok going by the vfd display and then it boots up to the boot up screen for each image that i have tried on the tv screen but that's as far as it goes.

Also using dcc it connects to box ok but no files are showing in left panel on dcc for any image that I tried

Any one had any faults like this before on solo2 clone or know the cause or how to fix or if it can even be fixed.

This box has been running the bh image that it come with for 5 months now and this is the first times its done this

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

So what make of clone is it ? Need to know before we can help you.

Also, what clone safe images did you use if they're from this site or write name of alternative site you used but don't link to it (against rules).

Dont try install any images till you know what make the box is at the moment you have not bricked it, flash the wrong image and it will brick.

Thanks all for taking the time to reply I don't know much about clone box's to tell which one it is

I have a duo2 of my own and have flashed it a good few times so my m8 asked me to try this one

I used a few images from the sticker on top of the box which has the site name of dreamoem on it not sure if this is the type of clone it is or not can someone tell me where to check if that's not, it he says it was got from a place called next bay

Thanks again

Thanks all for taking the time to reply I don't know much about clone box's to tell which one it is

I have a duo2 of my own and have flashed it a good few times so my m8 asked me to try this one

I used a few images from the sticker on top of the box which has the site name of dreamoem on it not sure if this is the type of clone it is or not can someone tell me where to check if that's not, it he says it was got from a place called next bay

Thanks again

Ok dreamoem sounds like you have a sunray clone.

Look at the rear of the box is the a micro usb type port saying service port.

Ferret thanks for your time

I flashed the image from your link and still the same as the 2 I used it just goes to the open atv boot screen and then nothing no spinner showing ect

Ferret thanks for your time

I flashed the image from your link and still the same as the 2 I used it just goes to the open atv boot screen and then nothing no spinner showing ect

This box sounds as though it has a hardware defect.

Is there any hard drives or other usb devices connected to it ? If so remove them and try again.

You could also try another power supply it may be weak.

I will open it and disconnect the int hdd and try it i can also try a different power supply

one thing I have just tried dcc again and I now have all files showing

ok i opened it removed hdd wire and used different power supply and still the same you where right about sunray it has a removable flash chip saying sunray solo2 on it.

Again thanks for your help

Like Ferret mentioned, it's sounding like a hardware problem.

Could you try maybe another image like this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i opened it removed hdd wire and used different power supply and still the same you where right about sunray it has a removable flash chip saying sunray solo2 on it.

Again thanks for your help

Dont think there is anything else you can try mate its hardware.

You tried more than enough images with no joy.

Guys thanks for all your help i take it from reading other threads there is no boot loaders or fix files for these boxs like the old clone duo's had

I will put the bh image back on it and let him send the board back to nextbay as he has only had it 5 months or less.

Cheers all

I download a file by accident and thought I had wrecked my box had black hole 2.1.3 installed the blackhole image loaded but then blank screen, I tried to flash a vix image that didn,t work the only one I got to work was open pli plus I had to reset to factory settings first, hope this helps good luck

How did your reset to factory settings without seeing the menu's as I thought the factory settings was under the settings tab in menu is there some other way ?

Guys thanks for all your help i take it from reading other threads there is no boot loaders or fix files for these boxs like the old clone duo's had

I will put the bh image back on it and let him send the board back to nextbay as he has only had it 5 months or less.

Cheers all

Wise decision this has to be hard and to that effect there are no majic files or images to fix a sunray solo2

Sunray have do have an update to their security chip/encryption system to allow original drivers to be used. You could give that a try if you want as you have nothing to lose as it is.

My sunray took original images before this update was released by sunray. I took the chance myself and thankfully it didn't brick and works fine on original drivers :)

Back