vu solo2 clone alternatives

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey

i have about 5 vu solo2 sunray clones and i need to get another one. the problem im having is i cant find sunray clones any more only these meelo clones that i never heard of before.
i read a little about these meelo boxes but there doesn't seem to be much info about them other than they are new solo2 clones. i couldn't find out who the manufacture's are e.g lorsuin, sunray etc..

would anyone recommend a alternative to the solo2 that has
vix images
twin tuners
less than €180

thanks

hey

i have about 5 vu solo2 sunray clones and i need to get another one. the problem im having is i cant find sunray clones any more only these meelo clones that i never heard of before.
i read a little about these meelo boxes but there doesn't seem to be much info about them other than they are new solo2 clones. i couldn't find out who the manufacture's are e.g lorsuin, sunray etc..

would anyone recommend a alternative to the solo2 that has
vix images
twin tuners
less than €180

thanks

They had their factories shut down. Not sure on the quality of the meelo stuff

The Zgemma is no where near as quick as the solo 2 tbh.

You could get yourself a real Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner for £170 or maybe the new Xtrend ET7500 HD 2x DVB-S2 Linux at around £140 there are also options in the gigablue range.

I got a couple of Meelo's for friends they seem ok, not as good as the Solo2 clones In my opinion. I have found OPENPLi the best on them less trouble with USB DVB-T and Mgcamd.

You could get yourself a real Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner for £170 or maybe the new Xtrend ET7500 HD 2x DVB-S2 Linux at around £140 there are also options in the gigablue range.

yeah it looks like a real solo2 is the way too go. any recommendation where i should buy. i would usually use fleabay for stuff like that but with the amount of clones about its hard to know what your are buying.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a couple of Meelo's for friends they seem ok, not as good as the Solo2 clones In my opinion. I have found OPENPLi the best on them less trouble with USB DVB-T and Mgcamd.

thanks you made up my mind so. a real solo2 it is

dont like openpli much prefer the vix epg and the fact i have experience with it is another bonus

yeah it looks like a real solo2 is the way too go. any recommendation where i should buy. i would usually use fleabay for stuff like that but with the amount of clones about its hard to know what your are buying.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks you made up my mind so. a real solo2 it is

dont like openpli much prefer the vix epg and the fact i have experience with it is another bonus
I am a VIX user myself but I had problems running it on these receivers. As they weren't my boxes I ran OPENPLi with cool TV guide and they run quick and smooth.

would the Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner be as good as the solo2 clones?

i always thought the SE V2 Twin Tuner was a clone. i guess i was wrong

I am a VIX user myself but I had problems running it on these receivers. As they weren't my boxes I ran OPENPLi with cool TV guide and they run quick and smooth.

the person the box is for has a sunray solo 2 in one room so cant give him one with open pli. cool tv guide is no where near as good as the vix epg in my mind

Last edited:
The VU Solo SE v2 doesn't support internal hdd so if you require hdd support, you're best with either of the following with each one having their pros/cons:-

Meelo SE
Rebadge of Lonrison Solo2 SE I would say which was obviously a slightly cut down version of Vu Solo2 (but with no front display). These can take sunray images but unsure on quality or any long term support.

XTrend ET7500
This is original so will be supported. The speed of these are, in theory, half the speed of the Sunray Solo2. Price around £140.

XTrend ET8500
This is priced at around £180 (currently on offer) and have same spec as the Sunray Solo2 but with added bonus that they support 4 tuners (2x DVB-S tuners included). These means you can add more DVB-S tuners or even DVB-C/T tuners.

i have decided to go for the a real solo2 may a solo se if the price was right. would anyone recommend where to but one. im assuming with the amount of clones around ebay and amazon are off limits?

just said i would give ye an update.

i got the real SOLO 2 box in the end. i kept it for myself and gave my sunray solo2 to my friend.

i must say i was expecting a bit more from the real deal. it not faster nor more stable as the sunray box. the only advantage i can see over the sunray is that it has OTA updates but they are much good cuz they are always fairly buggy. i wish i had kept my sunray to be honest.

Back