VU+SOLO SE ... The Star Is Near To Born

Re: VU+SOLO SE ... The Star Is Near To Born

Nice looking box, vu seem to be settling on using tha dual core 1.3GHz CPUs in everything new they bring out.

Pluggable tuner is the interesting feature and one thats not cropped up on the solo before. Makes perfect sense to use the new triple tuner in one slot.

When's the clone out :proud:

I bet they are already working on the clone..looking forward to this box i can see it being pitched just below the solo2 price wise but you never know...
solo2 boxes have suddenly dropped down in price...You can get a genuine delivered for £240 now.

Nice looking box, vu seem to be settling on using tha dual core 1.3GHz CPUs in everything new they bring out.

Yes and much better then Dm which is still using 400Mhz processor even in its all V2 series .

BOOT SPEED OF SOME STBS

can't wait for this box anyone no what the price will be

If its over £150 its not worth it and Vu need to examine the UK market and really see what these receivers are actually used for before setting an MRP

I think it's going to be £200 if not more just want it for cable

I think it's going to be £200 if not more just want it for cable

My Guess now is around £220.

The new VU+ Solo SE will be publicly revealed at the Anga Com this year. This is the new base 'entry' model in the VU+ range and is powered by a 1.3Ghz Broadcom processor.

The Solo SE is essentially an entry machine based on a paired down Solo2. The Solo SE will have a further degree of flexibility over the Solo 2 as it incorporates an advanced pluggable tuner meaning DVB-S2, DVB-C/T, DVB-C/T/T2 are achieveable.

It's a pretty neat box measuring 210mm. In some ways the Solo SE overlaps the Solo2 with additional flexibility through the pluggable tuner. The Solo SE is though the entry level machine of the range.

The range of VU+ products has been rationalised and will now be on 3 levels - the entry level Solo SE, for the mid-range the Solo 2 and for the top end the Duo2.

The Solo, Duo, Ultimo & Uno are no longer in production. There will be no more planned future production of these machines. The support however is not going anywhere and will obviously continue for these older machines.

Main Features:

Dual Core CPU 1.3GHz
1GB Ram
256MB Flash
1 x CI
1 x Smartcard
2 x USB 2.0
Advanced Pluggable Tuner - DVB-S2, DVB-C/T, DVB-C/T/T2

Why??......

Due to the Fact that what most people use these for Card Sharing and with a certain provider on the Decline sales will be hit, The solo2 has already seen a drop to £240 and if you look around it can be had cheaper.

The Uno which may bot be as fast but is still viable in my opinion can be had for around £170.

Again the Solo SE is a Cut down version so a cut down price should follow Hopefully

Due to the Fact that what most people use these for Card Sharing and with a certain provider on the Decline sales will be hit, The solo2 has already seen a drop to £240 and if you look around it can be had cheaper.

The Uno which may bot be as fast but is still viable in my opinion can be had for around £170.

Again the Solo SE is a Cut down version so a cut down price should follow Hopefully

yes but they still want 150/160 for solo

I doubt that illegal CS will be a contributing factor with the pricing of this box.Saying that if you are legally unable to pair your card in this country using sly then it is certainly going to affect sales from that side of things as what would be the point.Saying that you have the options to swap out the tuners thus making the SE quite versatile and with the use of plugins seems your options are endless.
For me its a worth while purchase having a box that is capable of receiving transmissions via every method of delivery(tuner dependent) will be a handy box to have around..we know VU+ boxes are good reliable piece of tech and will always have plenty of support..plus if the likes of IPTV and XBMC get the act together life would be so much better.
I have already earmarked the funds for this new box and i am daily searching the net for any signs of it or any news related to its release to market...

I agree it wont be a Contributing Factor but the mass market want a Box for C/S if this did not exist i doubt Vu and a range of other sellers would have sold as many receivers, You only have to look in most of the satellite section with the various questions is there Life after $ly to see how many bought a Solo2 clone for a certain market.

If the likes of Vu, Dreambox, Xtrend etc.. only could sell these receivers as working with solely Free To Air Channels and nothing else there UK market share would probably drop by around 90%

I agree it wont be a Contributing Factor but the mass market want a Box for C/S if this did not exist i doubt Vu and a range of other sellers would have sold as many receivers, You only have to look in most of the satellite section with the various questions is there Life after $ly to see how many bought a Solo2 clone for a certain market.

If the likes of Vu, Dreambox, Xtrend etc.. only could sell these receivers as working with solely Free To Air Channels and nothing else there UK market share would probably drop by around 90%

Yep i agree it would be an expensive way to view free tv.. it would be great if the IPTV and XBMC platforms were working to there full potential..alot was promised but very little delivered..yes you can watch films etc and be lucky and get a footie stream but it is so hit and miss and completely unreliable..i hope there is a fix for sly.

Yep i agree it would be an expensive way to view free tv.. it would be great if the IPTV and XBMC platforms were working to there full potential..alot was promised but very little delivered..yes you can watch films etc and be lucky and get a footie stream but it is so hit and miss and completely unreliable..i hope there is a fix for sly.

Hi, hope there will be xbmc working fully, the specs are getting better on boxes now would be such a great extra feature, tuner replacement is good option, when the clone out :)

Wonder how long we have to wait to buy this box..I might get fed up and buy another solo2..

Wonder how long we have to wait to buy this box..I might get fed up and buy another solo2..

try the vu solo 2 mini its cheap and runs very well the time i had it

Back