VU+ Solo HD twin tuner DVB-S2 ?

RottyDave

Inactive User
Reaction score
I want to purchase one of these boxes from world of satellite but not sure which extras apart from the hdd i need to purchase.
Do i need to do much to it as I want to use it to read my sky hd subscription(which i pay for)and to receive fta programmes.I will have access to wifi so will i be able to download a epg ?

Many Thanks all.

I want to purchase one of these boxes from world of satellite but not sure which extras apart from the hdd i need to purchase.
Do i need to do much to it as I want to use it to read my sky hd subscription(which i pay for)and to receive fta programmes.I will have access to wifi so will i be able to download a epg ?

Many Thanks all.

You more or less have all you need mate,it will read your card with a bit of tweaking and you will be able to get a full epg :)

Do i not need to purchase any of the extras below?
USB Flash Drive (great for flashing firmware):
WiFi Option:
Networking Powerline Homeplugs:
USB WiFi Option:

Would it be easy for someone with no experience to carry out the upgrades and where would i get these from?

Do i not need to purchase any of the extras below?
USB Flash Drive (great for flashing firmware):
WiFi Option:
Networking Powerline Homeplugs:
USB WiFi Option:

Would it be easy for someone with no experience to carry out the upgrades and where would i get these from?

Flashing is easy. You download the images from the image teams sites. We have a section for downloads which also includes images.
Don't you have a USB flash drive? Even 256mb is large enough for installing images.

The epg is downloaded from the satellite feed, not the internet.

The bulk of your questions are regarding networking. A network connection is not essential. If you can run an ethernet cable to your router, then that is all you need. If you cannot connect it to the router, then you will need to either use a USB wifi adapter or homeplugs.

Last edited:
I do have a 32gb stick wich i use to record programs onto on my Iberosat receiver and as i only have use of my neighbours wifi over in Spain i suppose i need to purchase the usb wifi option.
When purchased i wish to set up before i take to Spain with me.Would you point me in the right direction for the software updates i need and how to do them?

Sorry, do you mean a Solo2 as the Solo is a single tuner receiver. If Solo2, are you sure that is right for abroad? A bit expensive.

There are a few images about for it. I am afraid you will have to decide for yourself. When you place your order, they will install your chosen image.

It is expensive but i wanted something with a internal hard drive fitting and a receiver that will read my sky hd card while i am away.
Dont know of any cheaper alternatives unless you can reccomend anything?
Thanks

Back