Vu remotes

amaru007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Bought a Vu+ uno and loving it.
am looking to replace my old tm800 now, but i'm running into 2 problems.

1) i'm running 2 boxes from one location around the house.
tm800 is outputting through the rf into a triax modulator and going around the house for the downstairs tv's. using rf channel 38.
the vu+ uno is connected to the triax via scart, and using the modulators own rf channel 40, to supply the bedroom upstairs.

2) i'd love to buy another vu+ box, but i've noticed the remotes are being sold as universal for uno, duo, ulitimo models
can they be reprogrammed so i can run 2 boxes from the same location? and not have both of them being controlled by one remote?

so the problem i'm now looking at, is finding a new box that either has a rf out on it (or using 2 triax units looping through one), or hoping that i can run 2 vu+ boxes from the same place with no interference from 2 different remotes.
and can anyone recommend an alternative to vu+, never buying a technomate again.

any thoughts on the gigablue models?

Bought a Vu+ uno and loving it.
am looking to replace my old tm800 now, but i'm running into 2 problems.

1) i'm running 2 boxes from one location around the house.
tm800 is outputting through the rf into a triax modulator and going around the house for the downstairs tv's. using rf channel 38.
the vu+ uno is connected to the triax via scart, and using the modulators own rf channel 40, to supply the bedroom upstairs.

2) i'd love to buy another vu+ box, but i've noticed the remotes are being sold as universal for uno, duo, ulitimo models
can they be reprogrammed so i can run 2 boxes from the same location? and not have both of them being controlled by one remote?

so the problem i'm now looking at, is finding a new box that either has a rf out on it (or using 2 triax units looping through one), or hoping that i can run 2 vu+ boxes from the same place with no interference from 2 different remotes.
and can anyone recommend an alternative to vu+, never buying a technomate again.

any thoughts on the gigablue models?

There are 4 seperate remote control codes used for the Vu receivers, you can set your receiver / remote to any of these.

for example i have a Uno, Duo, Ultimo stacked one on top of the other in my nerds room. i run the uno on a uno remote on code 004 and the ultimo and duo on a harmony 650 using their own default codes.

how would you go about changing the codes mate, more curious then anything!

That sounds brilliant Phoenix, i think i seen something about remote codes in the settings somewhere.
2nd vu uno here i come :)

you can change the code on the receiver easily

presuming your using ViX.

Menu> Setup> System> Remote control code.

now to change the code on the remote it self ( only applies to the uno remote as this is the one now shipped with all new Duo's and Solo's etc )

How to : Reprogram Vu+ Remote Control

you can change the system code of your vu+ universal rcu to the vu+ model that you want to control.
the default is mode 2

MODE 1 : SOLO/DUO
MODE 2: UNO/Ultimo
MODE 3 and 4 : reserved for future models

press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the led turns red
press help
press 0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004
this will then allow you to use your selected vu+ model

A cheeky question, but would this work if the receivers were clones, e.g. 2 Duo's? do they have the same functionality?

Cant see a reason why not although all my receivers are original and i have no access to any clones

so say i get a 2nd uno, i'm using the blackhole image and i found the remote code as a plugin.
if i set one uno to mode 3, i then need to change the remote code + any other remotes i add to the multiroom on that box, to mode 3 too, yes?
and leave the 2nd box on mode 2.
what happens if i change batteries, will it revert to default mode again?

yes thats pretty much it. as for the battery's well all remotes will eventually loose their memory without power for so long, put it this way my uno remote has been using the same battery's for a year and there still going strong and its dead easy to reset the code again if needed.

Back