VU+ Duo original / clone

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
i have a VU+duo box (original) (well i hope it is anyway! lol )
im looking at getting a second box. im not adverse to getting a clone however had a couple of questions.

is there a guide anywhere on how to tell the difference (ie packaging, external differenced and also inside (i would have to own the box 1st to check inside) be also nice to check the box i have to put mind at rest

also ive not had a clone so not really got into it.. but is there a security measure that needs to be bypassed for the clone boxes to work?

Last edited:
thanks for the info the 1st link (to tell the difference) was on a Vu+ solo are they the same differences on a Vu+ DUo? also i couldnt tell any difference on the 1st couple logo can someone enlighten me on the differences?

How much you paid and where you got it from is always a good indicator of clone/original.

was from SatShop was £289 + £50 for HDD based on price it should be original.. but u just never know?? (im not assusing sat-shop btw of selling clones - just saying you can never assume in life)

Last edited by a moderator:
was from SatShop was £289 + £50 for HDD based on price it should be original.. but u just never know?? (im not assusing sat-shop btw of selling clones - just saying you can never assume in life)

if your not sure try loading the latest Blackhole image 1.7.6 on your duo if it boots then its genuine if it gets stuck on starting then its a clone, I highly doubt the retailer you bought it from sells clones

Looks like they only sell original stuff, if you look at the back of your Duo is the back panel black? If it is then you've got an original as currently all clone Duos have a bare metal back.

I had a plugin on one of my images that was "share the love " or something very close .It asks you for the last 2 letters of the serial and 3 numbers too..It will tell you immediately if it 's legit.

just went to menu, tspanel, information, image information, it says
"Blackhole: choose your experiance...NOW!
firmware: Blackhole 1.7.6
build Jul7 2012-vuplus_experimental

just went to menu, tspanel, information, image information, it says
"Blackhole: choose your experiance...NOW!
firmware: Blackhole 1.7.6
build Jul7 2012-vuplus_experimental

Its not a clone then if its running BH 1.7.6 thats 100% original

Guys looks like we are the seller of the DUO from this thread, to confirm they are 100% original genuine VU+ receivers, we don't and won't deal in the counterfeits, we were the first to bring the genuine VU+ DUO into the UK some 3 years or so ago now, the picture on our website is still the same one from around this date, so some three years old now.

The last batch that arrived in the UK and what will most likely be from the last batch ever made now (official ones that is) is the silver back with black dotting - It's not always easy at first glance to tell an original from a counterfeit but as digi247 has quite rightly pointed out at the moment the counterfeits won't run the latest version of BlackHole and ViX I believe, the actual packaging is often a bit of a give away as well from the ones we've seen, but just wanted to be 100% clear we only sell 100% genuine VU+ products. :)

Guys looks like we are the seller of the DUO from this thread, to confirm they are 100% original genuine VU+ receivers, we don't and won't deal in the counterfeits, we were the first to bring the genuine VU+ DUO into the UK some 3 years or so ago now, the picture on our website is still the same one from around this date, so some three years old now.

The last batch that arrived in the UK and what will most likely be from the last batch ever made now (official ones that is) is the silver back with black dotting - It's not always easy at first glance to tell an original from a counterfeit but as digi247 has quite rightly pointed out at the moment the counterfeits won't run the latest version of BlackHole and ViX I believe, the actual packaging is often a bit of a give away as well from the ones we've seen, but just wanted to be 100% clear we only sell 100% genuine VU+ products. :)

RIPPED OFF by LAVATRONICS
This is serious - I need some advice

My mates dad asked me to get him a VU DUO as he likes the 3pm matches from R O I -
my mate has a tm800 (which he has just upgraded to a Vu+ Uno) and his dad liked what it could do but wanted something more sturdy shall we say.

So i ordered him up a VU DUO from Lavatronics

Serial no. is C0812800559

Everything went OK for 9 months old at the time i thought great its under warranty, no problem, I will send it back for repair or exchange.

So i contacted lavatronics and sent it back,

They responded with this email,

Hi,

here is the comm's i have received from my technician.

Speak soon

Paul

Image: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/18/e4eryqub.jpg

And here's the return, I haven't touched anything but noticed on examination

Image: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/18/abuzy3en.jpg

As you can see, the parts that have been soldered in are incorrect and would damage the unit further.
Understandably i called them up to clarify what this meant ?
and the they imply somebody has removed those parts and thus voided any warranty and ability to repair it ?

I of course vehemently and rightly deny this - Why would i attempt to repair something that's under warranty, that illogical and without reason -not to mention i wouldn't have a frigging clue where to start.

So there it is make of it what you will -

From where i stand i was supplied sub standard already tampered with and possibly second hand or clone type goods that were obviously unfit for purpose had i known where to look in the first place !

So in the spirit of wisdom on the internet you can now compare your units when they arrive by looking at the pictures contained herein !

What shall I do next?

Thanks

Hello, welcome to the forum.
Stef has already explained to you on the other forum that Vu are now using SMD capacitors and the chap may not have known. Give them another call. If he doesn't repair, then give your local Trading Standrads a call.

Back