vu+ duo need easier info than the dummies guide.

rmcgrant

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi and yes im a noob.

Ladies and Gents just bought my vu duo box and when i switch it on it comes up with vu plus duo. Now 1st question is, is this the image i have got on the box or does everybox have thius and i need to put an image onto it?
Question 2. When i goto vu control centre and beleive me i have read about a million posts on this i cant see the cccam cfg file and yes i have been in to etc and also tried to gotop notepad and insert it to etc folder but when i do this on my tv it says no cccam cfg installed go to etc/var folder or words to that effect.
Question 3. How do i install a 7 day epg exactly like sky.
question 4. How do i record and setup my external hard drive to usb and record off it and can i rewind?

sorry for being absolutely useless at this, i had a dreambox 500s and cant remember it being anywhere near as hard as this to get sly channels.

when i goto information-about it says the following

hardware-vu+duo

hi and yes im a noob.

Ladies and Gents just bought my vu duo box and when i switch it on it comes up with vu plus duo. Now 1st question is, is this the image i have got on the box or does everybox have thius and i need to put an image onto it?
Question 2. When i goto vu control centre and beleive me i have read about a million posts on this i cant see the cccam cfg file and yes i have been in to etc and also tried to gotop notepad and insert it to etc folder but when i do this on my tv it says no cccam cfg installed go to etc/var folder or words to that effect.
Question 3. How do i install a 7 day epg exactly like sky.
question 4. How do i record and setup my external hard drive to usb and record off it and can i rewind?

sorry for being absolutely useless at this, i had a dreambox 500s and cant remember it being anywhere near as hard as this to get sly channels.

when i goto information-about it says the following

hardware-vu+duo

Is it a clone or orig. there are images for both in downloads.
Google vix cccam ipk and install the cccam then download rats bouquet ipk
Search timeshift for further rewinding etc

the guy said its an original bought off ebay.

once i have downloaded that stuff what folders do i put each 1 in?
cccam ipk in etc folder or softcam or anything else?
and what folder does the rats bouquet go in and do i just drag and drop into the correct folder on vu duo control centre?
complette novice si any help would b good cheers.,

the guy said its an original bought off ebay.

once i have downloaded that stuff what folders do i put each 1 in?
cccam ipk in etc folder or softcam or anything else?
and what folder does the rats bouquet go in and do i just drag and drop into the correct folder on vu duo control centre?
complette novice si any help would b good cheers.,

You drop ipk in tmp folder then from the image install them via ipk installer

it says when i go into system then about it says image:release?
not sure!

it says when i go into system then about it says image:release?
not sure!

You need to read up on how to flash an image on i would suggest you use a clone safe image in case your box is not original.
Best using an earlier vix image.
you cant do anything till you have an image on the box

image information

virtuosso image xtreme by team vix

hardware;vu duo
kernel:3.1.1
drivers:2012-02-28
image:release4
version:2;4
build:96
las updated:2012-05-13 16:08

translation
vix

this is all the info it gives me on image info maybe u could steer me in the right way do i need an image or not
also in the vu duo control centre it has an enigma folder?

Personally I would grab a new image vix or blackhole or whatever and start over from scratch then you know exactly what is on it etc - follow the wizard and set it up
Have a search on the net for the numerous noob guides to setting your box up - it seems daunting at first but not so bad once you get your head round it all

:edit: check your pm - I have sent you a link to a noob setup guide for installing vix and getting your box up and running, as above be careful though and use an older version of vix unless you are 100% your box is not a clone!

Last edited:
you dont need a new image, check in your setup menu under EPG, and check if CrossEPG is installed as a plugin. If it is you can configure this to download 7 day EPG. Best bet is to use a USB flash drive to store your EPG.
Use an FTP client such as Filezilla to connect to your box (use the IP address from Network settings, adaptor settings) and default username: root Password: dreambox. Copy your config file to /var/etc.
If you havent got crossepg installed as a plugin, download the .ipk file for enigma2 crossepg and use Filezilla to put it into /tmp . Then in the menu settings go into the Vix menu and install local extension, it should find the ipk file.
If you plug your external hard disk in and reboot the box it should auto mount the drive for you, if not I think there is a mount manager under the vix menu.

Back