vu+ duo going off

hmusa1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi my vu+duo has developed a unusual fault, i can be watching the box for hours then all of a sudden the box dies and it says starting on the front panel and nothing else happens, i have to turn the main power switch off for a bit the start it again and it boots up, it can then work for hours without a problem and do it again, i have unplugged everything from the box and tried it and it does the exact same thing.

have other people experenced this, i have read that capacitor 807 needs changing, it is a 220uf cap, have people tried this

help on this would be appreciated, the box is only two months old, it is a clone v2.0 running bh 1.7.3

What is the memory usage (Blue-Yellow)? It's possible your RAM is overfull.

total ram in use is 94% just running open tv, and channels, is there anyway i can reduce this useage

Last edited:
re-flash the box then make sure you set things like the epg to a usb stick. do you have a HDD your recording to ?.

i set the epg to hdd, and also record to an hdd, it is internal. what ive noticed aswel dont no if this is normal then when the harddrive is running the measured temp is around 60 to 65 degrees is this normal for these boxes

I just done a hddtemp on my mine and got 29c, might wanna check your fan is working too

i set the epg to hdd, and also record to an hdd, it is internal. what ive noticed aswel dont no if this is normal then when the harddrive is running the measured temp is around 60 to 65 degrees is this normal for these boxes

I think theres memory leak issue with latest kernal so try mounting swap file on usb, that fixed the issue for me but im not using BH

I think theres memory leak issue with latest kernal so try mounting swap file on usb, that fixed the issue for me but im not using BH

How would you work out if you're suffering from a memory leak?

Back