VU+ Duo FTP problems

IbbyLFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi folks.

I updated the image of my vu+ duo (using VIX 3.something) yesterday and as a result the excellent Rat's plug in has gone. For some reason the box wont restore from back up.

in any event when i try and ftp into the box in order to reinstall the plug in so that I can update the bouquets via the remote, i am unable to log in.

I am using the VU control centre to try and log into the box but I get the following message as an error:

" Access violation at address 00542856 in module 'VuCC.exe'. Read of address 00000000".

I have tried to log in to the other box I have downstairs and i get the same message. I have used filezilla and many other ftp log in tools and again they do not let me log in.

I have logged into the box via putty in order to change the password but again come across the same error.

Any idea what is going on here and is there any alternative as to how i can input Rat's plugin into the box without having to use the network if i cant get it to work?

Many thanks for any help folks

hi folks.

I updated the image of my vu+ duo (using VIX 3.something) yesterday and as a result the excellent Rat's plug in has gone. For some reason the box wont restore from back up.

in any event when i try and ftp into the box in order to reinstall the plug in so that I can update the bouquets via the remote, i am unable to log in.

I am using the VU control centre to try and log into the box but I get the following message as an error:

" Access violation at address 00542856 in module 'VuCC.exe'. Read of address 00000000".

I have tried to log in to the other box I have downstairs and i get the same message. I have used filezilla and many other ftp log in tools and again they do not let me log in.

I have logged into the box via putty in order to change the password but again come across the same error.

Any idea what is going on here and is there any alternative as to how i can input Rat's plugin into the box without having to use the network if i cant get it to work?

Many thanks for any help folks

That is an IP problem on the duo press menu>>information>> network to get your ip address the duo username is root no password port 21

Shouldn't be restoring backups on 3.0, which is openvix?

Flash again and don't restore.

You probably just need the new rats updater after that

Is the receiver downstiars also running duo running Vix?
What image version was on your receivers before,
What image version number is there now? (Please don't say latest).
When you upgraded, did you restore your settings?

Reason for asking is:- if you upgraded from a very old image and then restored the settings, one of things that do not work are ftp protocol.

You can install ipks from USB now. But the network issue needs to be resolved in any case.

a lot of plugins weren't compatible with openvix 3.0 so programmers had to rewrite them, so make sure you have the latest versions of the plugins.
sometimes i get that error message in vucc.exe, I think its a windows bug.
Have you tried leaving the password blank in filezilla? Also log into your router and double-check the assigned i.p. address of your duo

Many thanks for all the help and assistance guys. In the end I reflashed the box and did not restore and I can now FTP into the box just fine.

download a free FTP application and remotely access your server with the IP detaILS

unfortunately having to bump this thread again as i cannot ftp into either of my boxes for some reason (I get the same error messages as I stated in my original post).

Is there anyway to upload ipk files via usb? I will also need to try and upload cams via usb if this is possible in any way!

Check the ip address as in my original answer

Check the ip address as in my original answer

Hi mate. I have checked the IP address in the adaptor settings and have retyped the damn thing about 10 times but I still get the same message.

After trawling on the net seems its one of possibly a few things 1) security/firewall settings on my laptop 2) that I didn't set a password for the vu+ for FTP purposes (I have had the box 2 years and never had to set a password for FTP recently only since I upgraded to VIX 3.0). 3) that I get rid if VIX altogether and use black hole instead as that image doesn't have such issues.

I will obviously have to work my way through those issues in order to get the box working. Will be a shame if I have to dump the VIX firmware for back hole as I really like the layout etc of the VIX format.

Again any help on this is much appreciated

I am using vix 3.0 632 and i able to ftp into my VU+duo it did loose the connection once but after restarting the network it has been stable menu >>setup>>system>>network >> Device setup>>restart network

I am using vix 3.0 632 and i able to ftp into my VU+duo it did loose the connection once but after restarting the network it has been stable menu >>setup>>system>>network >> Device setup>>restart network

Have tried that but still get the error message on VU control centre. Think I might have to go for black hole and see what happens there

There was an issue if you updated from a very old version and restored settings, then the ftp protocol was broken. You had to flash afresh using USB.

i had the same problem until i installed the latest version of Vix using a usb and its been great ever since

Have tried everything that could be by reflashing the box via USB with the newest version of VIX and I still get the same problem it's as if the IP address is not even recognised.

I'm now left with two solutions that I will try the next couple of days - firstly checking out the settings in my BT infinity modem to see what that shows with the ip addresses or as a last resort dump VIX altogether for blackhole.

Anyone on here use blackhole and what do they think of it? Is it as easy to use as VIX is?

Blackhole is good choice also.

However, are you using the old IP address the receiver was using? Or have you checked the network settings in the receiver?

Blackhole is good choice also.

However, are you using the old IP address the receiver was using? Or have you checked the network settings in the receiver?

Hi mate. I am using the IP address that is stated under the network settings in the box.

have you checked the network menu >>setup>> system>>network >>device setup>>networktest

have you checked the network menu >>setup>> system>>network >>device setup>>networktest

Yep done that mate. Shows my ip addy as 192.168.1.XX as working fine and yet when I put that into FileZilla or vu centre or whatever it doesn't work and I get the error message I posted in my OP

Back