VU+ Duo Fan Noise

Trapex

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just received one of these boxes and am very impressed however after just one night it appears to have pick up a 'Noisy Fan' problem kind of like a light clicking noise as the fan spins. I was wondering if anyone else on here has this problem? I have read elsewhere that some people are just unplugging the fan and others are fitting new ones.

What do people think, will unplugging the fan really cause any issues? or does anyon recommend any really quiet fans?

Apart from the fan i have to say this box is the business:)

Not had a problem with the fan noise. Perhaps you have been unlucky and got one with a faulty one. There is a setting somewhere to default the fan to off on the vix image and I think there are also some plugins that you can download to only bring the fan in when the heat rises.
Good luck with the box
Wiz

Not had a problem with the fan noise. Perhaps you have been unlucky and got one with a faulty one. There is a setting somewhere to default the fan to off on the vix image and I think there are also some plugins that you can download to only bring the fan in when the heat rises.
Good luck with the box
Wiz

The fan was already set to off but the option didn't do anything anyway to be honest. I've just unplugged the fan now and it's a lot better although it does get warm I don't think it is getting to hot, maybe in the summer I will have to sort something out.

The box is quality though so pleased with it, it's just so well built compared to a dreambox clone and the remote just responds to everything even if it's not pointing at the box..well worth the money:)

If its a light clicking as the fan spins, is that not your hard drive spinning up?

I know what you mean mate it's a similar sound but it's defo not the hard disk as its a lot quieter now ive unplugged the fan.

yes i have also heard other people complian of this same problem mate. take the box back to the shop you paid good money for it? You could buy a fan from ebay only a few quid ? i would not recomend you unplug the fan what if it does get over heated without you even knowing i just would not want you to fry the box not worth it mate.

Back