vu duo 2 hard drive

patmyhead

Reaction score
just ordered this receiver now i need a hard drive, any recommendations on say a 2 or 3 TB drive that will work well in the duo
on looking an amazon, the desk top drives are cheaper than the internal ones can these be striped down to fit the duo & will all the fixings be transferable

A 2.5 drive would run coller but no real heat issues in that big case so I went for a 2tb Samsung echo 3.5inch

thanksfor reply l have now ordered this
Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive"
Accessory; £63.96
hopefully i can install it ok

when the duo arrives to i have to install VU+ Duo2 bootloader v2 ( Duo2_CFE_V2.zip or does this already come with the black hole image
don't want to fug up my expensive new toy

when the duo arrives to i have to install VU+ Duo2 bootloader v2 ( Duo2_CFE_V2.zip or does this already come with the black hole image
don't want to fug up my expensive new toy

Could be installed at the dealers mate, if so it states this on front display at boot up.

If not its need installing I image wont install that.

if it's genuine then you won't need to install boot loaders . Just flash the image you want to it.

if the receiver has already been flashed with the latest bootloader you will see Duo2_CFE_V2 on the VFD when booting up the receiver, if you dont see this then you need to flash the bootloader, it is very possible that the box wont have the bootloader seeing as it's so new and the bootloader was released after the box went on sale.

I am thinking about to use a external harddrive plugged into a sharkoon station and using the standard usb connection. Otherwise the sharkoon has also a eSata port. Does one know if it is a better solution when recording more hd channels at one time instead of USB? With my former vantage receiver there was no problem to record two hd streams at one time also with USB 2.0 conncection. So i am asking myself why they offer a eSata port.

Back