VU clones new images no patching

Does the vu clones take new images now? Last I heard they couldnt but seen one on ebay (while looking at prices on originals) that says its clone but can take vix 3.0!? Last I heard they couldnt so just wondering

Vu + Solo Hd Box Enigma2 Latest Vix 3.0 image or blackhole 1.78 **Cheap** | eBay

theres a modded version of VIX.3.0. with older drivers doing the rounds but latest V3 clones are supposed to handle the later images although ive seen reports to the contrary on ferrari forum, regarding the box you posted a link to this looks like one from the other clone of clone manufacturers. why pay a premium just go direct to the prc sites and get one for about £100 delivered, regards mdt

Last edited:
theres a modded version of VIX.3.0. with older drivers doing the rounds but latest V3 clones are supposed to handle the later images although ive seen reports to the contrary on ferrari forum, regarding the box you posted a link to this looks like one from the other clone of clone manufacturers. why pay a premium just go direct to the prc sites and get one for about £100 delivered, regards mdt

na not going for another clone mate, too many problems for my liking. especially when original prices will drop soon when new solo and duo2 are released

I wouldn't go for another clone, this problem using latest images may be solved for now but guarantee there will be other issues in the future! Like elmoemo said prices will drop so worth buying a genuine

The ferarri v3 clones cannot run new images, they will apparently release new firmware soon to allow the newer images to work. But some newer non Ferrari clones can run new images from what I have seen reported.
To be fair I don't see any new killer features Worth having in the newer images anyway. As VU release their next generation Recievers , how much support will be left for the older ones anyway...

Last edited:
The ferarri v3 clones cannot run new images, they will apparently release new firmware soon to allow the newer images to work. But some newer non Ferrari clones can run new images from what I have seen reported.
To be fair I don't see any new killer features Worth having in the newer images anyway. As VU release their next generation Recievers , how much support will be left for the older ones anyway...

I actually agree with that statement, the Solo has no chance of running hbbtv which is the only major addon feature that has been improved in the later images and the duo may struggle with the amount of ram available, Not too sure on the Clone of the Uno just released but at £150 delivered it may be worth a punt as it has a lot more under the hood than any of the current clones including the DM's

Indeed..the Uno clones if theyre any good might be reciever to take the single tuner clone crown...Currently held by the DM800SE clones. It's pretty much the same story with the DM clones with the exception of the A8P SIM other clones including SIM2 and Ferarri recievers cant run the new drivers or Enigma version images. But theres little point in usingthe new images anyway..no new killer features, increased bloatwre resulting in excessive memory usage.
It's better the stick to the older images and wait till the next gen recievers to appear then upgrade if you have the need. DMM dont seem to be bothered much with E2 anymore all there work is going into Goliath.

Last edited:
If anyone sees any decent prices for the originals when they do drop then don't forget to post some links on here lol.

If anyone sees any decent prices for the originals when they do drop then don't forget to post some links on here lol.

You can have mine mate, i'll let you have it for £225 plus free delivery. It's still under warrenty until April / May time next year, still have the original box and everything it come with and is still in great condition. Inbox me if your interested. Pay via paypal.

Back