Vtuner....

pwillo1982

DW Member +
Reaction score
While I have been searching for USB-T tuner info for my Dm800 I have seen Vtuner mentioned in various different places.

The info is pretty sketchy to say the least but my interpretation of it is that you can share a tuner of another box over LAN and use it as a 2nd tuner for your DM800.

Has anyone heard of this and does anyone know if this is this something that ever got off the ground properly, does it work ??

Anybody know how to stop enigma on a dm500 via telnet without it automatically restarting again ??

screenshots not showing correctly

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone is interested in this (judging by the amount of comments haha) but I actually got this working........sort of:

Using DM500s as server and DM800se as client:

Tuner config screen:

tuners.jpg

Vtuner (Tuner B) clearing GOLD ("B" showing in bottom right of info bar)

tunerb.jpg

Vtuner clearing GOLD and recording to my NAS while watching Sky Movies Action with tuner A:

tunera&b.jpg

Is there anything in Enigma2 that lets you specify which tuner you would want to use as default ??

Would be better if tuner A was always used unless recording then it would use tuner B

Last edited:
Never noticed this thread but looks very interesting, may give this a try.
Thanks pwillo1982

Sounds like they are still working on a front end for enigma on the server side so you have to start it from the command line via telnet.

I was using openpli on my DM500, so had to put the attached files on the box like this (this is from memory but think its correct):

librt.so.1 --------> /var/lib
vtunerd.ppc -----> /var/bin

CHMOD to 755

Then just put your server box on standby, telnet into it and type:

var/bin/vtunerd.ppc

That starts the server so when you open the plugin on the dm800 it should pick up the tuner (you will see the output in the telnet window)

Attachments

• vtuner files.zip
    27 KB · Views: 50
I would say that the results were far from perfect and is very much a work in progress but could be good.

I would say that the results were far from perfect and is very much a work in progress but could be good.

Would it work the other way around m8 do you think,using the tuner on a dm800 as the vtuner, to view the channels on a dm500?

Bit of progress, both tuners now showing on dm800se, but getting tune failed when switching to Tuner B, signal strength is fine on tuner b using satfinder so im guessing it's something i've possibly missed on the dm600. Going to reinstall the server & try again.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 28
I had to mess with the tuner settings in the client plugin settings before I got any joy.

I couldn't tell you what I changed now though, i'll have to have another play over the weekend.

Got it working now, swapped the 600 out for an 800 (using the mipsel.ipk) & was still having the same problem. (Tune failed) set tuner "A" to start recording and selected another channel and it worked straight away, now it's working as it should.
Cheers for all the info pwillo

Sounds like you have had more success than I did haha I live in a flat and my 2nd connection to the dish is dodgy anyway so surprised I got it working at all

So your using dm800 as server and dm800se as client ??

Hopefully they will get it integrated into Enigma so you can have your server box running as normal but when you want to use the tuner it stops decoding the local stream and switches to the client one then releases the tuner again when you have finished.

Would be perfect for me as 2nd box would be rarely used in another room.

Yep im using a dm800 as server, tried using a 500 / 600 & they work too but the 800 seems to work better for me.

Yep im using a dm800 as server, tried using a 500 / 600 & they work too but the 800 seems to work better for me.

Ok so if I wanted to view the channels I can get on my dm800se (motorised setup) on my fixed dish dm500s,which one is the server,is it the dm800se?

Dm800 would be the server and DM500 would be the client but as far as I know I dont think there is a client plugin for dm500

Back