Vpn

D1GG3R

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Right, so I thought I would sign up for one of these VPN things seeing as that's all that I keep reading when researching kodi.

So now what do I do lol???

I've added the details into my android box and it connects etc.

However the likes of ice films and prime wire still don't work?

I can change the VPN server to one in a different country, but what country???

Any ideas people of DW?

Cheers
DiGG

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What have virgin blocked the streaming sites then @manic01 ??

Have I wasted my money??

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as TV or movies are concerned, F.a.c.t says no one in Britain has ever been fined or prosecuted for illegally streaming content.

F.a.c.t explained: “When it comes to catching those involved in piracy, it is not our strategy to prosecute the end user [people streaming films at home]. Our interest lies in identifying, disrupting and if necessary prosecuting the individuals who defraud the creative industries by knowingly stealing content – and who then make that content available through illegitimate means for their own financial benefit or kudos.”

According to F.a.c.t, internet providers are more aware of the issues and problems that rights-holders face, and are more willing to address them.

A number of popular movie streaming sites have been banned by major UK broadband providers. Users trying to reach these sites will receive an error message. Internet providers have joined forces with the creative industries to boost consumer awareness of legitimate services.

So to get around the ban you use VPN. But the banned sites still don't work?
In what country should I connect the VPN?

Cheers

the likes of icefilms should be working fine without the need for a vpn

will be needed for some though

It's never worked for me mate. I've tried a few of the different addresses in the settings, but to no avail??

fine here on lappy & firesticks albeit i do not have virgin media

Just found a post on another forum dated the 16th Nov. It seems it's been updated to 1.16. That's probably my problem??

I should have asked before siginging up for a vpn lol

We'll see I suppose

I've just installed kodi on my phone.

I've now added icefilms and 1channel/prime wire and both seem to work OK.

My phone is on 3 though so I'm not sure if that will make a difference?

I'll start again with my android box when I get home.

Thanks for the input @alimac @manic01

DiGG

Last edited by a moderator:
my spare firestick only has phoenix & NJM soccer & stalker fix
all sports & movies etc i need stalker as backup
excellent quality & no vpn ever needed

The trouble with these bigger builds is 99% of the addons use the same source, if sports goes on 1 then its down on 99% of them.
Stalker is very reliable as is njm and phoenix/genesis.
Uk turk now sharing sports is p*ss poor but rest of uk turk ok.

Last edited:
The trouble with these bigger builds is 99% of the addons use the same source, if sports goes on 1 then its down on 99% of them.
Stalker is very relaible as is njm and phoenix/genesis.
Uk turk now sharing sports is p*ss poor but rest of uk turk ok.
To be honest mate, it's not a big build. It did start that way mind but I stripped it and started again with a bare kodi.

Due to the streams being hit and miss, I still download movies and dump them on the NAS drive. From there I stream them via kodi.

I've got the two addons mentioned earlier plus cartoon hd for the little lad and genesis, but like I said, most if it is from the downloads on the NAS.

Stalker is very relaible
i've not add stalker working for about a month tried clearing cache editing the mac nothing just the failed auth this is on a firestick :confused::confused:

stalker fix will work on firestick if you keep trying it no need to hunt a working mac
once you get it working add all to favourites & will stay alive
for the kids add toonmania

stalker is way down my list is strange why struggles on the likes of firestick/android seems hit or miss
but solid on windows all versions tried so far is fine on lappy
currently testing stalker ghost solid again on windows

Back