DVB - PC Cards vplug autoupdating?

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi guys, I use vplug 2.0.3.0. and it works very well! I was wondering if anyone has this autoupdating? in the last few weeks there must have been 6 or 7 keyrolls, vplug au twice (the first two) but nothing after that, any advice anyone?

I would be interested in knowing as well. I am using vplug with DVBViewer, lucky I have a Dreambox to pull my keys from. My vplug has never been able to autoupdate.

afaik, vplug doesn't AU properly in the UK. Most people seem to run fenrir (with only Rom7 enabled) to handle the keyroll updates.

afaik, vplug doesn't AU properly in the UK. Most people seem to run fenrir (with only Rom7 enabled) to handle the keyroll updates.

Ok nozzer, thanks for that I'll give it a go and post back!!

I think I am getting somewhere near with fenrir, I installed fenrir along with the “Rom7 .bin” in the csa folder, in dvbdream plugins along side vplug, fenrir has the EMM 1F3F by default (I think), I could not get it to start “* flickering” if I gave it the ecm (hex) from vplug it would start but got “can’t find nagrakey.txt file .\nagra\nagrakey.txt”.
So I had a bit more play added the full nagra folder to the plugins with all the .bin files. When I fire up dvbdream fenrir don’t start “* flickering”, if I remove the tick from the box next to 1F3F “stop it” then add it again the * flickers and starts searching and in less than a minute it finds the keys (see below).

Here is a fenrir log of what I got for people who are interested, The *s are the correct (current) keys for my area (ex c&w), oh by the way my hard drive is I (eye) dont ask!

----- 01-Apr-2008 08:50:13 Vers:1,0,5,2 ----
MDAPI (>=8.2) 03.00
Api:MD-API Version 03.00 - 1.06 Version:MD-API Version 01.03 - 1.06
PROGAPI: 01.06

Nagra...
Path=I:\dvbdream\Plugins\pip00\
NagraPath=I:\dvbdream\Plugins\pip00\
KID:I:\dvbdream\Plugins\pip00\Nagra\NagraKey.txt
Key:I:\dvbdream\Plugins\pip00\Nagra.key

Nagra...
Path=I:\dvbdream\Plugins\pip00\
NagraPath=I:\dvbdream\Plugins\pip00\
KID:I:\dvbdream\Plugins\pip00\Nagra\NagraKey.txt
Key:I:\dvbdream\Plugins\pip00\Nagra.key
PrevTP: 0 CurProg:642750
Starting CAT
CAT data
CAT proc
7999-Start
PrevTP: 642750 CurProg:642750
7999-Stop
7999-Start
7999-[Nagra-PK] Provider:5C01 NTL DIGITAL CABLE ROM:7
New Keys 0: **************** 1: ****************

Changing the channel seems to start it as well. Anyone know how fenrir won’t start by itself? It will be interesting to see what happens on the next keyroll.

Well! AU did not work, after starting fenrir it found the new (correct) keys more or less straight away but for some reason it did not give them to vplug has anyone any ideas?

Back